2nd gen swap

I ran a BD super B special, the 64mm sized one on my 08 g56 truck before swapping around transmissions, and then bumping up to an s475.

The BD spooled super quick and was fun to drive around. But if you're after top end, this 300 frame just didn't flow well up there, and things started getting toasty. It would get there quick, but start getting warm.

At that time, I was on stock fueling, "2g" style manifold and what not, dual disc, smarty, and h and s intake stuff from the intercooler to the intake manifold. I believe I was running smarty around 7 or so... Can't remember exactly as I didn't care much for SW9. But this is just my personal experience with that size charger...

For those that have done the swap. I'm thinking bout rerouting the coolant line that comes up and into the head. My question is. Will it hurt anything to just put a plug in head and install a 90* by alternator or. Leave it alone. I just hate the look of the dam thing sitting in there

Yup. Been driving around for awhile now. I went ahead and said screw, I blocked off the coolant tube that comes up from lower and put a plug in the head. No head gasket issues at this time, even after 55+psi boost.

I went with a s472 cast wheel nothing to write home bout. It works so I can't complain. It's not perfect and there are some things I will end up changing but ole lady needed me home the day I did the swap so please excuse some of the ugliness.

af8d27bc60a9a2a379af497b58744342.jpg

b1817a948f248567a4c5680260b330ef.jpg

Alright... since yours is kinda done. I'm kinda hijacking.

I'm looking at doing a 467 but I'm afraid of how it's gonna act when trying to tow. I don't tow very often but when I wanna tow, I wanna strap the world on behind this thing and be able to go.

I just don't see going with the 464/463 etc being smart on a 6.7 with a g56.

Everything I've researched and read, and yada yada tells me the 67 will be too big to tow with and it'll turn the truck into a play toy.
While the truck is mostly my toy as it's just my DD, it still has to be able to work when I want it to.

Opinions?

Alright... since yours is kinda done. I'm kinda hijacking.

I'm looking at doing a 467 but I'm afraid of how it's gonna act when trying to tow. I don't tow very often but when I wanna tow, I wanna strap the world on behind this thing and be able to go.

I just don't see going with the 464/463 etc being smart on a 6.7 with a g56.

Everything I've researched and read, and yada yada tells me the 67 will be too big to tow with and it'll turn the truck into a play toy.
While the truck is mostly my toy as it's just my DD, it still has to be able to work when I want it to.

Opinions?
SX-E 369 of course! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You seen what I was towing with that 472. Never barked or really got "hot" most egt I seen was 1200 max that's with stock sticks and pulling hills. I'm not afraid to tow anything with this 472. If a person knows how to drive and has good tuning I don't see what you couldn't tow with a 467.

S467 would be no problem towing for a sensible person. Some people are scared of EGTs over 900* in the manifold and expect it to drive like a stock truck. Those are the guys that think S400 frames as singles are "laggy pigs".

All i do is tow with mine and it loves it.
Stainless t4 manifold
S467 1.10a/r
10mm stroker and 100hp sticks.
I dont feel its lagy at all.
G56 with 3.73's and 35's

6f3858601fc42e45d194d289bccadf64.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

S467 would be no problem towing for a sensible person. Some people are scared of EGTs over 900* in the manifold and expect it to drive like a stock truck. Those are the guys that think S400 frames as singles are "laggy pigs".
900*, I wish my vp ran that cool, hook the gooseneck and it pretty much lives at 1000*+, have to be real careful to keep it under 1300*.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

66/73 .91 spools and drives like stock. I have one a customers hotshot rig and he loves it.

The way I see it then, the real world people (you guys) see there being no need in even considering anything under 66.

I figured you'd want the .9 housing on a 467, if towing a lot, maybe CR just spool so much easier, you can get by with 1.10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured you'd want the .9 housing on a 467, if towing a lot, maybe CR just spool so much easier, you can get by with 1.10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to try a .9 or a 1.0. I just havent got around to playing with it, one day I'll see if it makes a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk