973604x4

aka landphil
aug22006.jpg

aug22004.jpg

aug22003.jpg

aug22008.jpg

aug22010.jpg

aug22007.jpg

There's only 500 miles on that flexplate!!

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

what am I looking at? :confused: the holes look wallowed out... is it cracked?

I would go with an SFI steel or even a laminated plate... they give a little and are easier on shafts/etc.

Mike @ HRD has gone 11.20's on his laminated plate

Forrest Nearing said:
what am I looking at? :confused: the holes look wallowed out... is it cracked?

I would go with an SFI steel or even a laminated plate... they give a little and are easier on shafts/etc.

Mike @ HRD has gone 11.20's on his laminated plate

holes are egg shaped and those are hair line stress cracks in the plate. I paid for an SFI plate but i wasn't there to see it installed, so ofcourse I didn't get an SFI plate. My BD plate is SFI approved though...and it likes my truck! :hehe:

Sounds like a bad install, not exactly a bad part?!

I know I have about 4K on mine, and not a problem yet!

Chris

That's why I'm going with a laminated flexplate from Suncoast.

Signature600 said:
Sounds like a bad install, not exactly a bad part?!

I know I have about 4K on mine, and not a problem yet!

Chris

I agree....but it needs to be taken care of.

Phil needs to be a little more specific...yeah that is his 2nd flywheel. That is the first converter though and all the damage to the converter was from the 1st time it happen. Converter bolts and flywheel bolts cam loose. "I" wanted to replaced that piece of crap for a converter with the top of the line piece next to it, but money did not allow him to it at the time. What I was afraid of happen to him. DTT converter is egg shaped and ruined the new flywheel. Wallered out the holes and the bolts were still tight. Flywheel is warped like the last one......he now has the "good" stuff in his tranny.

So Phil did you end up getting DTT to warranty everything? I'm guessing you put in HTS parts.

After looking at the pics, I think my converter is different too...mine has a billet front cover.

Chris

Signature600 said:
After looking at the pics, I think my converter is different too...mine has a billet front cover.

Chris[/QUOTE

The one out of Phil's truck is a stock one painted black. Thats my best guess. He swears he paid for a billet single disk. SINGLE DISK....:bang

DTT's main line of converter's is a single disk and personally I feel that for what the average joe does a single disk is the best choice. But that's a debate for another thread.

sootman said:
The one out of Phil's truck is a stock one painted black. Thats my best guess. He swears he paid for a billet single disk. SINGLE DISK....:bang

I'm sure I got what I paid for;) Looks a lot different than that one!

Still sounds like a install problem...I don't know where it was done, but last I knew there was a good installer for DTT in Texas!

Chris

The pictures show the flywheel bolts backed out, right? That would be an installation problem. My billet DTT looks exactly like that. Their newest design has the billet piece internally in the converter.

The single disk converters from DTT look just like the stock apperance in the picture, not flat or fancy front covers like a banks one. I've taken my single disk with a billet flex plate to 11.48 so far and havent had any trouble besides a dirty gov pres selinoid. And i know whats in my truck, I saw it go from the box to in the truck. Looks like there wasent any lock tight used or inproper torque specs due to the crank bolts backin out.

Last edited:
I thought one of the reasons for having a billet front cover was to not have welded on flex plate bolt holes that could possibly shear off?

Guys, as much as I like a good tranny fight, lets TRY and keep this civil LOL

BgBlDodge said:
I thought one of the reasons for having a billet front cover was to not have welded on flex plate bolt holes that could possibly shear off?

Did you not see your converter, the billet fron cover is for the lock up clutches inside, so the heat dosent warp the steel they just use a different external shape thats flat

Status
Not open for further replies.