2nd trashed billet flexplate

Status
Not open for further replies.
sootman said:
Have you read the thread? Torque converter is egg shaped. It has been yanking on the flexplate from mile one! No one offered new converter to Phil so old converter was reused do to money issue's. Heat marks on hub and pump bushing was worn(which I replaced free of charge). again....*bdh*

Question would be: Why was this not seen during the replacement of the first damaged flexplate and brought up at that point? If it had been an issue then, knowing Phil's history, he would have definitely made his point and problems known.

Dalpilot said:
Man, I just cannot see why you would put something back together that is knowingly broken. Thats like breaking something as a kid, then putting it back together so no one see's it, then when someone picks it up and it falls apart saying "Look what you did". Just my .02. I realize he didn't have the money, but wow, thats just dumb.

Phil doesn't have the money you do. Maybe the builder should have given him a torque converter since everybody on here thinks doh! R&R the converter too.:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

lmills and BigNasty....I totally agree about installer defect and should be handled with the installer. That went down hill in a hurry so I went above his head to let DTT know what was going on. The installer should be on the hook here but remember he says the problem is in my engine and already dropped the tranny. I had to go somewhere to get this resolved. my truck sat for 7 weeks and thousands of dollars were spent because of a bad install.

BNB...idk who the hell you are, but you are obviously a cheer leader. I wonder how you would feel if your truck sat for that long and you spent that much money to get it fixed....because of a bad install from a man that calls himself a friend...and a man that you had invested well over $10,000 with.

Same truck, same driver? why would I have modified it if I putted around town all day? am just supposed to brag on a dyno day? No, i drive the damn thing. 66,500 miles in 2.5 years.....but it has spent 13 weeks sitting broke down too.

Sootman was correct about replacing the converter the first go-round. I should have listened. Hindsight is always 20/20.

sootman said:
Phil doesn't have the money you do. Maybe the builder should have given him a torque converter since everybody on here thinks doh! R&R the converter

huh?

973604x4 said:
lmills and BigNasty....I totally agree about installer defect and should be handled with the installer. That went down hill in a hurry so I went above his head to let DTT know what was going on. The installer should be on the hook here but remember he says the problem is in my engine and already dropped the tranny. I had to go somewhere to get this resolved. my truck sat for 7 weeks and thousands of dollars were spent because of a bad install.

BNB...idk who the hell you are, but you are obviously a cheer leader. I wonder how you would feel if your truck sat for that long and you spent that much money to get it fixed....because of a bad install from a man that calls himself a friend...and a man that you had invested well over $10,000 with.

Same truck, same driver? why would I have modified it if I putted around town all day? am just supposed to brag on a dyno day? No, i drive the damn thing. 66,500 miles in 2.5 years.....but it has spent 13 weeks sitting broke down too.

Sootman was correct about replacing the converter the first go-round. I should have listened. Hindsight is always 20/20.

modified...if it breaks then you deal with the problems stemming from the mods...now quit your whining and apologize to everyone for dragging on this drama for no reason...duh...if john force whined everytime he broke something then he would be one broke dude...

Sweet_Rapture said:
Question would be: Why was this not seen during the replacement of the first damaged flexplate and brought up at that point? If it had been an issue then, knowing Phil's history, he would have definitely made his point and problems known.

I think I stated that I recommended the converter be replaced since it looked like the pic's at the beginning of this thread, that you have not read yet. James I told you he needed a converter, but you didn't have one. You wouldn't send me a flexplate until I sent you the first one. Oh wait a minute! I have just been informed I am talking to James Northum's daughter.

sootman said:
I think I stated that I recommended the converter be replaced since it looked like the pic's at the beginning of this thread, that you have not read yet. James I told you he needed a converter, but you didn't have one. You wouldn't send me a flexplate until I sent you the first one. Oh wait a minute! I have just been informed I am talking to James Northum's daughter.

Woah, stop with the accusations. First I was James now I'm his daughter. I'm not either, and don't know either of them personally.

I'm simply someone who has followed this, that happens to be in the DFW area and I'm tired of hearing about all of Phil's griping and yours too now for that matter.

sootman said:
Phil doesn't have the money you do. Maybe the builder should have given him a torque converter since everybody on here thinks doh! R&R the converter too.:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

A. I think the TC should have been replaced if it was the culprit along with the flex plate day one.

B. Whatever parts were defective were the responsibility of the Manufacturer and whatever parts were destroyed the first time because of the first installer should have been replaced by the first installer.

C. If you told him that his TC was no good and he made a decision not to replace it against your advice, then the second flex plate is on him. The second flex plate was not defective, the decision to use the defective tc was Defective!:bang

D. You don't have any idea how much money I have, so lets not make my finances a part of this discussion. :thankyou2: I have less than 10K in my truck performance wise however.

Status
Not open for further replies.