3rd gen head on 2nd gen block 24V Cummins

I swear it just fell off....:doh:

100_3143.jpg

3gen head

are you running a p-pump or vp-44? here is the spring you should have got.they are cheap and you get dual springs and ti-retainers

Attachments

• 0420082236.jpg
    0420082236.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 0418081936.jpg
    0418081936.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 0420082237.jpg
    0420082237.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 74
finally picked up some parts from the Polisher, Ive got more to pick up Saturday

banks intake horn, APPS bracket, Top & Bottom charger
100_3152.jpg

sale items
Intake horn, 12V covers
100_3153.jpg

Thanks Gus!! I was going to say something to you about it today but forgot :doh:

Who did the polishing and how much did that run ya? Looks great...

Local guy that does it out of his shack/garage... hes done wayyy to many drugs in his life. The parts were supposed to be done 2 weeks ago but they better be done by Friday or Im kicking something! :kick: He hasnt came up with a price yet... hopefully he forgets what all he did and I get it cheap:doh:

the 12V covers turned out great, I had em 10 min and they were sold:rockwoot:

Thanks Rick

Ive got some more that will make her look even better!!

Im setting the head tomorrow, and it should be running Saturday night or Sunday:rockwoot:

Today with the help of coal burner we set the head on

Thanks Gus and Brian:Cheer:

I only had a issue with #6 intake push rod but we jockeyed it around and got it in there:rockwoot:

100_3160.jpg

100_3162.jpg

boy do i hate to see pic's like that...... Still way too much work left. LOL

At least you're finally getting some PROGRESS.

It's a shame the cam didn't come through for ya, but you're cuttin it pretty close to IRP as it is.

ahahh thanks Curtis!
yeah Ive got a lot of work.... the head is just setting on there with the back few studs and push rods installed. I hate headstuds! the rest of it will be pretty simple as long as I dont end up with any leftover nuts and bolts:doh:

we'll cam it this winter..... 28 days till IRP

Good job the polishing look great.When you polished the banks ram did you grind out a bunch of body puddy the one I did for a custumer was full of puddy on the bottom side it had almost 3/16 of a inch thick under all that red paint.

Dale

i found out that when you use a cr head on a 24v block with a 12v timming cover that ap-pump will not fit. the side of the pump back by the gov housing will hit the head. i had to machine a hole 3'' by 6'' so the pump had some room to go. then made a cover that bolts up from the inside of the intake to seal the hole.

the 12V covers were for sale (sold now)

There wasnt any filler on the banks when I got it but it was previously powdercoated before I got ahold of it. Sooo I cant tell you for sure.

Good job the polishing look great.When you polished the banks ram did you grind out a bunch of body puddy the one I did for a custumer was full of puddy on the bottom side it had almost 3/16 of a inch thick under all that red paint.

Dale
The one I sandblasted and powder coated didn't have any filler on it.

How do you like the monster pump? What are your HP goals? I have a 24v guy that wants to try one but wants 800 hp on turbo's.

How do you like the monster pump? What are your HP goals? I have a 24v guy that wants to try one but wants 800 hp on turbo's.

Truck isnt running yet. UPS didnt come with anything today so maybe Monday or Tuesday it will be running

Back