3rd gen head on 2nd gen block 24V Cummins

Looks really good Ian, well done. Are you going to make it over to this side of the state for Merchants Spring Fling?

Thanks guys!!! I want to cover the bottom of the hood with a piece of polished stainless to clean it up a bit more but that will be down the road... but after Indy /merchants Ill have the valve cover re-powder coated so it matches the piping.

Ill be at Merchants to tame those dirtymaxes!
Im going to try for high HP with no box just gool ol #2:rockwoot:

Any updates on it yet.. that thing sounds amazing. What type of power you expecting out of it?

Mine is working great. II phat shaft 71 flows a ton of air. no head gasket problems. Other then pump to head clearance problems. I love it. They do flow a lot more air then std 24v head. i know i have more fuel then i had in my 12v but egt's are way lower and it will spool super fast. will post some more pics soon.

haha glad to see you got it running! get that pile on a dyno once you get her all broken in!

side24v.jpg

Its down again.... :bang Been that way for almost a month now... I did get a good weeks worth of driving in and it kicked :shake:

Im putting my dump truck back together at the moment, I need to make money before I can spend it:doh: so the trucks on the back burner till this one is running

man that sucks. looks like to much timming. was it o-ringed? that was what i was scared of on mine. but she is holding fine. after talking with keating about the fire ring setup he has i was sold. the key to have the block and head machined flat at the same time. if they are not flat you will always have problems. i know i did with my old 24v. that thing pop a gasket a week. fire ring may take more work to do but well worth it. i have put 6 runs down the 1/8 and 1k on the road. well good luck on getting her back together.

that will work as well!! I went with Mikes tubes since I didnt want to mess with new lines...

todays arrival along with a bunch of polishing stuff from Production Tool

100_3109.jpg

Nice valve covers where can you get them ? how much!!!!
PS sorry to hear about your blown gasket

so whats the verdict on the head gasket?

On a side note did you pait your valve cover yourself?

the spring will fit 98.5 to 07 24v heads. my head is an 06 so they should fit just fine.

Back