500+ hp on a budget....ideas?

I'm no expert...but that seems like more injector than necessary. I made 800 on 7x.010's

Hey SHUGHES,
As for the injectors, I was thinking about 150's? Don't know if that will be too smokey or how hot those will run. Quite frankly, I don't know enough about injectors period to really make a good decision on which ones to get. I don't race competitively (obviously) and I do tow occasionally. Maybe 15k lbs or bit more (5th wheel and various trailers). But mostly want a fun and reliable DD. Do you know where I can go to find some good informative material regarding injector sizing?

I would like to grant thanks to the moparman1973 form for providing me with the injector information below for my own research. Please note that I cannot confirm the below numbers are 100% correct as I am simply passing the info on from my research. However, injectors should be considered by hole count/size and not by hp "rating".

• 7x.0071 = Stock HO
  • 7x.0075 = Stock SO
  • 7x.0079 = RV275
  • 7x.008 = +60HP/+70HP
  • 7x.009 = +100HP/+125HP
  • 7x.010 = +150HP

etc

Last edited:
Look up SMOKEM on here...Infinite Performance. He will get you what you need.

When I still had a VP I had some "90HP" injectors (no idea what the specs were) I made 475HP with Edge Juice/Smarty and a 62/71-14 (an SPS 62 from II)

Look up SMOKEM on here...Infinite Performance. He will get you what you need.

When I still had a VP I had some "90HP" injectors (no idea what the specs were) I made 475HP with Edge Juice/Smarty and a 62/71-14 (an SPS 62 from II)

Thanks buddy! You've been really helpful. I'll get in touch with smokem for sure! That might be him that just chimed in on the thread.

something else I was wondering...if I get ARP head studs and do them now, will I have to redo them if and when I get the head O ringed or can I reuse them? I didn't think you could.

I would like to grant thanks to the moparman1973 form for providing me with the injector information below for my own research. Please note that I cannot confirm the below numbers are 100% correct as I am simply passing the info on from my research. However, injectors should be considered by hole count/size and not by hp "rating".

• 7x.0071 = Stock HO
  • 7x.0075 = Stock SO
  • 7x.0079 = RV275
  • 7x.008 = +60HP/+70HP
  • 7x.009 = +100HP/+125HP
  • 7x.010 = +150HP

etc

Right on! Thanks bro!

800 was with a p-pump, the 475 was with a VP.

He's not the guy I am speaking of...but now you have enough posts to PM smokem.

Guess I'll spoon feed you...
100 horse ddp Injectors (chit)
No studs
Hamilton cam
62/65/14 (do not suggest this either)
Fass 95
Edge juice
Stock manifold
Big line kit

Made 500+
I'm not sure where people are getting off saying you need studs for 500 horse.
Stay with a good 7x.010 or smaller. Anything else for your 500 horse goal is unneeded and will in the end be that much harder to clean up and be smokey.

We've been in this debate here before but my vp was always a smokey bish. Others said theirs were fine. I blame mine on the injectors that were in it.

Last edited:
I say studs because i see this guy going beyond 500. A cam is a serious waste of time and money st his goals too.
And if he goes with twins the insurance is theren

Last edited:
Yeah. Definitely going to do studs. I want to be able to handle the pressures. Like SHUGHES said "insurance". I'm interested in compounds because of the ability to capitalize on both worlds. (Tow and play) Plus if I'm not mistaking, spool up is better. If I run a compound setup won't the drive pressures be considerably more? Also boost pressures? Thought that head studs would be a must if your running over 35 psi boost.

Guess I'll spoon feed you...
100 horse ddp Injectors (chit)
No studs
Hamilton cam
62/65/14 (do not suggest this either)
Fass 95
Edge juice
Stock manifold
Big line kit

Made 500+
I'm not sure where people are getting off saying you need studs for 500 horse.
Stay with a good 7x.010 or smaller. Anything else for your 500 horse goal is unneeded and will in the end be that much harder to clean up and be smokey.

We've been in this debate here before but my vp was always a smokey bish. Others said theirs were fine. I blame mine on the injectors that were in it.

I may be interested in a cam at some point though. Don't know yet. I'll have to read more about it. But I have heard good things about Hamilton.

No offense but you have a lot of reading to do. I wasn't suggesting a cam for 500. Does it help spool? Drastically.

I don't think you need twins off the bat. I was 500 with a 62 that would make a nice bottom charger in a twin setup so why not start there?

35+ lbs of boost for studs is old wives tail crap. Boost isn't what blows head gaskets.

On my 01 Reg cab 5spd 481hp 1023tq
FASS 95
Coaltrain 100's
Htt 62/65/12
Arp 425's
Edge juice on before hot unlock
Single disc

My 99 auto 713hp 1482tq
Stage 2 monster pump
6x.013's
Billet 66/74/14
Arp 425's and fire rings
Edge juice hot
Airdog 150
Competition trans

My 01 eclb auto 570HP 1150tq (current truck)
Trans with billet input and suncoast triple
FASS 150
Arp 425's
7x.012's(200's)
Super b special (64/71/14)
Edge juice CTS with hot unlock

I bought the injectors, studs, turbo, and downpipe for ~2300 from DAP as a package deal. I still tow 7000lbs without a problem and the truck is an awesome dd. I would only run a 6 or 7 hole injector in a vp truck.