'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

Nice. I will check back. I'd like to see the truck.

A 1st series should make for a tight fit for turbos. I'd like to follow this! Hopefully one day I can put something in my 2nd seies.

Good luck with it dude!!!

from my measurements it will be tight but I have almost 15 inches from the valve covers to the hood might need some custom work. Ill post some pics when I can finally get to putting the body back on.

It looks like the entire # 6 valve cover is under the dash.

yeah it goes back away. I have to build a decent size tranny tunnel

Attachments

• Picture 067 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 067 (Medium).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 0
55 chevy = $xxxx
5.9 12v = $xxxx

adjusting your valve from the drivers seat = priceless

nice build

Running a 47rh behind it?

looks like the trans is low enough to not be an issue for leg room. Sweet!!

I need to get a turbo, been looking for an hx35 but the closest one I can find on craigslist is in Texas and I am in Mississippi. any ideas?

well I got a turbo ive been thinking about getting an offset exhaust manifold so I can mount it on top of the engine. I think they used to put them in the old bread trucks but I cant seem to find one. any thoughts?

You could probably ask around here and someone should have one laying around. I think I threw both of mine away.

You could probably ask around here and someone should have one laying around. I think I threw both of mine away.
Nevermind, I found it! You can have it for the price of shipping, just PM me where to send it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20110425_214711s.jpg
    IMG_20110425_214711s.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
hey thanks joefarmer but I just put the turbo in and amazingly it fits right in there, so far its the only part that has! so I dont think Im going to need that manifold just yet Ive got a few things to do first Ill know for sure in a week or so. thanks though.