'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

is there an adaptor for the 47rh for the speedo? the truck has the old cable style and I think the rh is electronic is that right?

i believe dodge used a speed sensor that took a reading off of the rear end if i remember right. Check that d70 to see if theres a speed sensor right on top of the diff on the front side. I dont think you can adapt a electric sneder to a manual cable though. Night have to go with a custom speedo for your dash.

cable X makes a little drive that used the vss and that drives an electric motor to the stock speedo cable. they are a little pricey, but work well if you really want to keep the stock speedo.
ed

yeah jay there is a couple wires in the diff and a gear that is on the ring gear, so I will probobaly have to find a speedo to fit that then.

This is an awesome build
Agreed.. I joined the group to see just how tight a fit the 6bt is and I'm a bit disappointed because I didn't want to hack the firewall. Iv got a solid 42 roller up the road from me for 3K. Cant get over the ratrod look and thinking about building it for hauling my TT.

55smokeshow. Any way of mounting a different radiator further forward enough where the fire wall could be saved?

I did a little searchin awhile back and found some info that leads me to believe a cable can be hooked to these trannys. I'll see if I can find out more.

Agreed.. I joined the group to see just how tight a fit the 6bt is and I'm a bit disappointed because I didn't want to hack the firewall. Iv got a solid 42 roller up the road from me for 3K. Cant get over the ratrod look and thinking about building it for hauling my TT.

55smokeshow. Any way of mounting a different radiator further forward enough where the fire wall could be saved?

A 4bt should fit fine and still pull any TT.

I did a little searchin awhile back and found some info that leads me to believe a cable can be hooked to these trannys. I'll see if I can find out more.
It can be. The cable assembly was used in early 90's 4x4 Jeep Cherokees.

A 4bt should fit fine and still pull any TT.

First time I hauled my TT, I drove 5 days (average 50 mph) out of my 10 day vacation..

4bt could pull my 8000# toyhauler.. But I doubt it could any faster than my 6.2 n/a. My 6.2 was pathetically slow up a hill or in a head wind..

I need to drive the speed limit.

Is the 4bt modded at all? Or bone stock?

I want a modded one in my '56. Still debating a 6bt though.