'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

i just know about what youve described, deffinatly dont need a pcm to run that tranny. the pressure switches are so it will automaticly switch into overdrive and automaticlly lock up the convertor. Most poeple just set up 2 switches. one for overdrive and one for the lockup. it would be a 2 pushbuttons on your dash or wherever. when you want it to shift into overdrive just hit the button... same same for the lockup. (thats what those to plug ins on the tranny are for. If you wanted it to be all autolike factory your could do the same thing except with the pressure switches doing all the work. but that just seems like a big headake to me.

yeah ive got it all figured out now I just dont have the plug for this tranny the only one I have fits on the nutral safety switch which I dont think I need since you have to pick up on my shift lever to get it into reverse anyway

Yeah the plugs you have are probly off the 47re out of that 97 red one right? they are different then the 95 47rh plugs. You should be able to go up to dodge dealer and getsome or the junk yard and cut them off. Any 94 or 95 dodge with the automatic cummins should work

sweet I found one from PATC for 20 along with some pressure switches but I got an email last night saying the shippment was cancelled so I dont know. Im going to call them after work and see whats going on.

sweet I found one from PATC for 20 along with some pressure switches but I got an email last night saying the shippment was cancelled so I dont know. Im going to call them after work and see whats going on.
THey only have the 2 pin version the last time I checked. The supplier for the 3 pin plug and OEM is out of business. There's no way besides the junk yard that I could find them. A 90-96 Jeep Cherokee uses the same same plug on one of the sensors. That's where mine came from.

Hey Zack off topic but doesnt that girl in the joefarmers thing look just like your girl? or ex or whatever?... couldnt remember if you were still with her or not.

I don't remember. I had an entire harness laying there for a 4.0l automatic 1990 XJ and this happened to be a plug on it.

well I just found out my tour has been extended by a year so I have enough time to do some major work. Ive been thinking about building a new frame something with IFS that I can lower to the ground and put some air bags under it, then start some engine mods. what do you guys think I should do?

S10 frame....is what i would do... boxed up and reinforced of coarse. with c notched rear 4 link set up and bags... be way eisier than anything else out there i think and you can pick one up for cheap. Did you ask to stay?

no I got Bahrain and everyone thought that Id leave in feb but when my orders showed up the said, duty 12/01/2012-12/01/2013. so they called the detailer and he said no they are correct so I dont know its stupid but whatever I should be able to finish the truck. and an s10 frame is exactly what I was thinking

well my plug came in today having od is cool took it for a good drive tonight and after I got back the ell housing was leaking tranny fluid any ideas?

was it from behind the tourq convertor? or from ontop of the bell housing case? if fromt the inside of the bell cover behind the convertor probly just over filled and puked out of the vent hole, if from on top probly one of the lines or the vent on top.

I built my own out of plate steel I suggest using a plasma cutter I wish I had one, but destroked.com sells alot of different mounts like the one pic

Attachments

• Picture 060 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 060 (Medium).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Ford_Mount%20Kit_01a.png
    Ford_Mount%20Kit_01a.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
Pressure switches

How did the pressure switches work out ? Did you buy the kit from PATC or did you rig something yourself . What psi switches (45 55). I'm just south of you in La. I met your buddy Jay buying parts for my build.

I didnt get the pressure switches yet kinda got caught up hunting but I talked to a guy and he suggested for just regular driving to use what you said the 45 and 55 psi switches right now I have mine rigged up on switches and once I get my speedo working Ill figure out at what speed Id like to shift and ill go from there. where ya at in LA?

Hammond. I was hunting in Natchez last year with my buddy and we met Jay at the river to buy some parts. Man ya'll have some deer up there!!