'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

dang....should have taken that chevy one i had and modded it to work.... all you need is a standard ratchet type shifter that is for a 4 speed auto tranny. then make your own cable bracket to mount to the transmission and you should be good to go..... is the original colum shifter not going to work for you?

since his original shifter was most likey a 3 on the tree...probably wont work easily.

yeah I thought so cool then I can make this work once I make more money again. oh happy b day Jay

yup thanks man.... i know how it is with money heck i been sellin guns, car parts, and everything else i can afford to lose just to fund my blazer build.... i did happen to get a smokin deal on a set of matching 14 bolt/d44 8 lug 3/4 ton rears with 3.73 in them for 150 bucks.... also traded a .22 for a set of 8 lug wheels!! craigslist has been my freind for parts latley...

nice man everything I need has to be new stuff not much left really my wireing harness should be here tomorrow and I can start wireing it up then all I need is the disk brake kit and then just a bunch of little things like winshield gaskets and headliner and crap like that should be rolling by halloween I hope

hows the body work comin? or are you stickin to what i like (the look it had when we picked it up)? i think the thing looks badass the way it was when we got it out of that barn....

oh yeah man Im deff going to be driving it before I even think about the body or paint. I might have to throw a little paint in the jams and stuff before I put all the glass and stuff in. I had a few beers last night while I was out there working on it and decided that the doors need to open backwards so now the hinges are about to be flipped over haha. I just got my wire kit in it looks pretty sweet and shouldnt be to hard to hook up.

heres a few more

Attachments

• SSPX0437 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0437 (Medium).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SSPX0442 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0442 (Medium).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SSPX0445 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0445 (Medium).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SSPX0448 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0448 (Medium).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
just saw this project, looks like it is going to be one hell of a truck when it is done! can't wait to see the finished product on this thing!