'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

nevermind i got it it runs like a champ but i need a new radiator mine leaks a little more than I would like it to.

turbo sounds good but the exhaust is so short that its too loud to really hear it right now but after I get the pipe all the way out the back she should scream pretty good. is the wastgate little air thing supposed to be so stiff? it prolly is but u know anyway tomorrow i am going to hook up all the gauges so I can see how well this thing runs. where is the best spot to put the boost gauge, right on the intake plate?

yeah theres 2 1/8" ports right under the intake horn on the driver side. one should be used to go to your afc the other should just be a pipe plug in it. put it there where the pipe plug is. and yes the wastgate should be very stiff. so much that you shouldndt be able to open it with your hands alone. If you want to realy make that turbo wistle take out the silencing ring it probly still has. its just a dish like thing on the front of the turbo held in place by a big snap ring. just take the snap ring and the silencing ring out and it will whistle a lot more.

what I need to see a pic of one of those there isnt anything held on by a snap ring other than the compressor housing

take a pic of the front of the turbo take the filter off. ill tell you if its ther or not.

well I got the silencer ring off and the new radiator came in Im going to have to customise the radiator bracket tho the new dual core sits just a little deeper into the engine bay and the fan hits the lower hose.

To bad always somthin with these swaps.... if you get a chance check out my 89 thread i just got her to a point where ive been drivin her around a little bit.... Just need money for all the little things i want to do to it now... So does the turbo scream without that ring or what?

I dont know I just got the radiator to fit finally but its been so hot I've lost some motivation and like you Im waiting on some money. but its just a bunch of little projects left if it works out right Ill be tearin it up by christmas

oh man i dont miss that heat down there..... no way i would work on that thing in the heat you got goin on down there..... but by the time it cools off a little its gonna be huntin season and that always trumps trucks for me at least till i get a few deer in the freezer.

Have you thought about the front suspension? Those leafsprings look a tad thin for that new heavy motor.

I have been having nightmares over the front end on my F-100 cummins swap. Im still lost on what to do.

Awsome project BTW.

Have you thought about the front suspension? Those leafsprings look a tad thin for that new heavy motor.

I have been having nightmares over the front end on my F-100 cummins swap. Im still lost on what to do.

Awsome project BTW.

after market mustang II

I've got a Camaro IF under my '56, it'll get airbags if I ever get money to start that project again.

Do you think a aftermarket mustang II will hold up in a drag racing aplication?

I have been told by a few of the local mustang guys that there is no way it would hold up. But that was also said by people who have never owned a diesel and think that diesels belong in tractors. Not race cars.

so I fired it up again today I dont have a driveshaft yet and now I have tranny fluid leaking out of the output shaft pretty sure its not supposed to do that any ideas?

yeah it comes out of there if you dont have a drive shaft in it... its suposed to once you put the driveshaft in it that output seal will seal it up around the slip yoke of the driveshaft

Do you think a aftermarket mustang II will hold up in a drag racing aplication?

I have been told by a few of the local mustang guys that there is no way it would hold up. But that was also said by people who have never owned a diesel and think that diesels belong in tractors. Not race cars.

yes. it would have to be beefed up for the weight.

and have you ever noticed that most mustang people are idiots??

Awsome project BTW.

thanks man, yeah the front leafs are going to take a beating Im planning on redoing the fron end but like you say I need some money first I havnt fully decided what I want to do yet but I was talking to a guy who is building a 51 chevy with a cummins and he used an early 90's s10 frame and built a pretty nice set up so maybe Ill find a good used one who knows thats a little further down the road I just need to get it driveable before I'm transfered.

Im trying to find a floor shifter for my 47rh but Im having trouble finding one is there a big difference between the 47rh and a 727?

Back