'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

maybe you guys know I want to spin the compressor side of the turbo so the discharge is facing up, Im not going to use an intercooler Im just curious if that will effect the shaft angle or not inside that thing?

You will want the intercooler if you can possibly get one in there.

here you can see my issue with it facing down

Attachments

• SSPX0363 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0363 (Medium).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
just looks like you need to clock the compressor housing so it points up and then run the charge pipe along the fender down to the intercooler and then loose that fram filter while your working over there

Last edited:
just looks like you need to clock the compressor housing so it points up and then run the charge pipe along the fender down to the intercooler and then loose that fram filter while your working over there

Thats what I was thinking.

What are you going to do for the exhaust? Looks kinda close to the fire wall as well.

yeah it is a little close but Im going to be building trany tunnel and ill just box it in there will be enough room for feet no big deal

I sure could use your exhaust manifold! i am building a 72 Suburban that has been cut down to a crew cab! using a 3 gen dodge chasis & 12 valve, please PM me if you are still inclined to let it go. many thanks..

You should look into a 3rd gen manifold or that bread truck one. Then flip it over and run it so the charger mounts higher and farther forward. This way you will have more fender clearance plus have more room for your exhaust routing. With the distance you have between the hood and top of the engine you should be fine.

this thing is starting to be a major budget build I made the crossover pipe out of an old exhaust pipe I had laying around haha. I have to take the mechanical fan off and replace it with an electric one the lower radiator hose connection is right in the blades. does anyone know if the fan can just unscrew from that pully or do i need to get a whole new one?

Attachments

• SSPX0411 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0411 (Medium).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • SSPX0410 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0410 (Medium).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
If you're talking about the 38mm(?) nut between the fan blades before the pulley, yes it unscrews. I can't remember if it's left hand threads or right hand threads. Normally it takes a cold chisel and a smack from a hammer to break it loose.

did you have to take the pully off to do that? I kinda tried I've had some other things going on but the stupid thing just spins

Should use the pulley to hold it from spinning. Break it loose with a hammer & chisel then it should turn off fairly freely.

who knows I think my buddy has it but I needed it. anyway Im trying to get my starter to work does it need a relay in order to turn over or is it just a selinoid switch?

big lug on starter selenoid goes starit to pos on battery. small post goes to a starter switch. (just a hot wire that only hot while starter is spinning.) make sure the battery your using is grounded good to the engine as well.