'55 chevy truck 6bt swap

well I finaly got around to putting in the wire harness it is actually pretty easy kind of congusing cause its made more for old gasser cars so I have to eliminate a few things like the coil wire and Im not sure if I need the wires for the alternator set up the way they are I think the alt I have out of the 97 dodge needs a relay or not I still have to look all that up anyone know if I do?

yeah I think I just need the pcm who knows where mine went but does the alt even put out voltage without it? Ive never even messed with an alt before but yesterday I ran it and put my multi meter on all the post and didnt get anything I dont know if thats normal but good news is that the rest of the wiring is correct i got the headlights to come on and got the old beast to turn over with the key so thats got me all excited now

PCM and Tach drive would have to be in place and operational so that the alternator works. Why they linked the alternator and tach drive to gether I have no clue. I owuld just take it to your local alternator and starter shop and have them convert it to a 1 wire setup. Just run the big wire to the battery and done.

Hey I need some help how do i start my own thread ...... sorry its not on topic just need a little help thanks

I would just take it to your local alternator and starter shop and have them convert it to a 1 wire setup. Just run the big wire to the battery and done.

this...or get one that fits the same and operates the way you want. then you just wire it up according to the instructions.

took her out for the first ride today just around my my house everything works really good except for my spring mounts when I mashed the throttle the welds broke and the axle turned but no big deal I lined it back up and am going to weld the hell out of it. and it idles kinda high shifts into gear really hard how do I lower the idle? it looks like there is a set screw but its all mushroomed over.

nice man.. congrats! That tranny was built by dave goerend so the valve body has probly been modified to shift firmer....As long as you didnt mess with the injection pump on the motor its set to factory specs... I believe it idled right at 850 rpm.

nice man looks like one hell of a truck... im assuming you drove it down there to the pond right? Bet thats nice to be able to drive it after all that work... You gonn put fenders on the bed? or leave it like that?

yeah at some point I will put fenders back there but the dana 70 out of the dodge is like 8 inches wider than the original so they dont fit right now

I took it for a drive down to the gas statioion it drove pretty nie I need to alighn the front end a little better but I couldnt get it to shift out of first gear I got it up to prolly 50 and it just sat there screamin had about 13 psi boost tho that was cool. any ideas? Its full of fluid and Im in drive the only thing I can think of is I have the cooler lines running to my radiator do you think its pushing all the fluid into that resivoir rather than through the valves?

do you have it hooked up to your tps? it has to have a signal i believe to shift from the tps if im not mistaken.... could just be a matter of the tranny calble on the throttle lingage needs to be adjusted too.

a few more turbos would be nice

Attachments

• SSPX0470 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0470 (Medium).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SSPX0471 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0471 (Medium).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
yeah Jay Ive been reading some things I found this website

Dodge 727 Transmission Swap to 518 Transmission from PATC, 46RE 47RE 48RE

talks about having to use pressure switches to allow the tc lockout and od to engage but if you just went strait to ground wouldnt it just make them shift right after it shifted into third? idk i just dont want to spend the money on doing that then finding out that its not right how do you think I should hook this tranny up?

I have been reading that it is possible to hook up my 47rh without a pcm or speed sensor and still get the tranny to shift into od and to get the tc to lockout? from what I have read installing two pressure switches to the govoner port and running the two selinoid wires to them that it would shift. I have found a diagram that tries to explain it but it doesnt make sense to me if someone could please explain it for me I would appriciate it.