5x14 VS. 5x16 power?

Rodram2002

Time for me to upgrade injectors. I am looking at these injectors from SDX diesel. I would like to know the power potential for my setup and street manners for the two injector sizes. The truck is a daily driver that tows a 24ft horse trailer a few times a month and I also sled pull with it.

Current setup is 180 pump with rack plug, stock DV's soon to be 022's, AFC modded for rack travel, 0 plate, and 4K gsk, H2 cam, ported head, .020 marine head gasket, and a Silver Bullet.

i would say that the 16's with a 66 charger pullin a trailer is gonna be smoky and hot

Chris and Jamie were up today, thinking about have some 145° micro blind-holes EDMed, may talk to them about it.

Interested to see how the 5x12's workout that I ordered through them.

Jim

Would you guys say a 5x12 is plenty for a street truck? Or what would you consider to be too much for the street? Not hijacking the thread just adding to it some. Hopefully you dont mind.

Would you guys say a 5x12 is plenty for a street truck? Or what would you consider to be too much for the street? Not hijacking the thread just adding to it some. Hopefully you dont mind.
I was running 370's which are 5x12's. Other than the haze they were good injectors and made good power.

Rodram give us a call sometime 479-856-6433

Jim, received the cores in the mail today.

My 5x12's should be here this week!!!! You should be able to hit the 600 to 650 mark with 5x12's.

My 5x12's should be here this week!!!! You should be able to hit the 600 to 650 mark with 5x12's.

It's for a buds truck, he's at 550 right now with a SPS 62 and 370's but there a little on the trashed side.

Jim

Do you guys have control over the angle? I'm not able to go deep enough with the bowl to get the compression ratio down. Was thinking about just going larger on the bowl and seeing if a different angle would work better. I'm guessing that the bowl will end up around 66mm(2.6"). I plan on running 24-26deg timing.(6.7 p-pump).

If a blank is used the angle can be whatever is desired, if the pattern is present, it depends on how large the hone size is as far as how much the angle can be altered.

If a blank is used the angle can be whatever is desired, if the pattern is present, it depends on how large the hone size is as far as how much the angle can be altered.

These things i know.
I guess the only way to do this is to set up a fixture with the pop off tester and calculate how far away the piston top is going to be when the injector squirts. Then have an adjustable holder so I can set a piece of paper under the injector and see how big the pattern is on paper at the distance it is going to be away from the injector nozzle when it fires. Then modify the angle and try again. Sounds like fun.

Smokem, I have a .020 over marine head gasket with .007 decked off my head. What kind of timing could I run with the 145* spray pattern and still be in the bowl? If you mind sharing a formula for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Another question is since I have put the marine head gasket on, it hazes bad in cold weather. Is that just the 370's I'm running currently or will it still hase some with the correct spray pattern?

Looks like they need some more info on those 5x16's on their web site. I'd ba happy to test some.:poke:

We just spoke about it yesterday.

Smokem, I have a .020 over marine head gasket with .007 decked off my head. What kind of timing could I run with the 145* spray pattern and still be in the bowl?

25° with the 0.020" washer.

Another question is since I have put the marine head gasket on, it hazes bad in cold weather. Is that just the 370's I'm running currently or will it still haze some with the correct spray pattern?

Could be either an injector, or the headgasket thickness alteration.