5x14 VS. 5x16 power?

Could be either an injector, or the headgasket thickness alteration.

I have installed the stock injectors for a short time and it did clear up the majority of the haze, but it was alittle more than I normally see from other stock trucks in the area.
5x16's, 022 DV's, and a silver bullet w/ an auto does NOT sound fun to tow with! :eek: even with head work and a cam :eek:
I can leave the stock DV's in to help with smoke and heat for towing.

I'd leave the stock DV's in there, and get a nice set of 5x16's built... the cam and head work will help... my JL 5x16's were pretty dang smokey, but that was stock head/cam

I have installed the stock injectors for a short time and it did clear up the majority of the haze, but it was alittle more than I normally see from other stock trucks in the area.

I can leave the stock DV's in to help with smoke and heat for towing.

Higher timing and an .020" headgasket on my 97 also. Hazes more than I like. I will be putting a stock gasket back in soon. Plus, I noticed the lose of lowend torque with the .020" headgasket.

Higher timing and an .020" headgasket on my 97 also. Hazes more than I like. I will be putting a stock gasket back in soon. Plus, I noticed the lose of lowend torque with the .020" headgasket.

I was thinking of doing the same this spring, plus the truck should be much easier to start in the winter. I didn't really want a .020 over gasket, but that's what Fletcher sends when he has a head o-ringed. Even with the cam and head work, I still don't think droping the compression is needed for my use on the truck and the power levels I want.

I'm curious what kinda mileage difference one would see between the 5x12 and the 5x14s.

I bought Weston's 5x16s for my setup that you see in the signature. The amount of haze@idle is next to nothing. Couldn't be more satisfied with that.

City cruising mileage is about the same as before, maybe just very slightly lower and highway mileage increased.

I'm curious what kinda mileage difference one would see between the 5x12 and the 5x14s.

I have JL Machine 5x18s and can get 17mpg down the highway at 35lbs of boost with a stock turbo. trucks timed to 20* and doesn't really like to start in the cold and hazes a lot until it warms up, then there is just a slight haze.

Still waiting for my 5x.016 to come back from Weston....

Jariv, did Smokem do any special work such as lift to your injectors? Thanks for the input.

Mo Smoke, please give some feed back on how they perform.

Well, I had JL machine 5x.014s in my 98 with a 62/68/14 charger.

My twin turbo truck had JL machine 5.016's with a 62/65/13 over a s475. It also had full cuts, and the holders where also EDM'ed.

I am no professional, but I would go 5.014's with the silver bullet and the pump tuned right.

They ran awesome but they needed to back in for a pop pressure adjustment and another minor secret mod, just waiting for them to come back.

Jari's are 5x0.016" 0.005" lift 300BAR, Tim I think we might try something different.

I am running some 5x 12 s with a silver bullet. Auto truck and it is pretty hard to tow with. Anything bigger and you d be in trouble.

Tim,
as Weston said in another words; every setup and personal need is different. I had my mind set on something when I called Weston and I also had a preliminary idea of what I want exactly. He gave me some facts with grounds and then we altered my original plan. It was dead on. These injectors are in my truck to stay.

I've been noticing that I cannot get much past 54psi. 60 is the target so not that much to climb but was wondering whether my 181/131 dv's are holding me back. What do you think?

Kenny from KT Performance offered me "191" dv's that were better than normal ones. I've been thinking of buying them. Would you gentlemen see this as a potent choice or should I be looking at something even bigger?

It's still a daily driven truck and will remain that way. It will not be a racing truck and I want to keep the amount of smoke to minimum without hurting performance.

This is how it now behaves at take-off, no brakes applied nor upping boost. Just slamming on the throttle, nothing more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rVDK-I6FSE

Is your exhaust smoke free at WOT? If so Id try them or some .022/.024

Yes, it clears. So which is it then of the two alternatives?

Are you sure your getting full fuel? Have you hooked you AFC up to an air compessor to see when your getting max fuel?

But if I where going to gett some upgraded DV's from what you have Id go .022's, 191's IIRC are a .030 shoulder.