5x14 VS. 5x16 power?

I am running some 5x 12 s with a silver bullet. Auto truck and it is pretty hard to tow with. Anything bigger and you d be in trouble.

I have been towing with my 370's and the bullet and it does ok. I can keep temps within reason. I think with either of these injectors I will be able to tow fine, just have to set up my AFC alittle better and keep the rpm's up.

Yes, it clears. So which is it then of the two alternatives?

Someone on here said that the .024s are the same as DDPs "magic" .042s which between the .042s and .022s id go with the .042s because they are said to make more power than 191s but are cooler running than .022s. I'm in the market for some .042s if anyone has some by the way.

.024's come from Columbus Diesel, they will produce 20% more fuel than 181's and are nice than the others......same price.

Jim

Thank you gentlemen again. Quess I need to try those .024"' dvs.

And a Q: When testing the AFC with compressed air then am I only to look for the travel distance and what the pressure is when travelled full?

I've been noticing that I cannot get much past 54psi. 60 is the target so not that much to climb but was wondering whether my 181/131 dv's are holding me back. What do you think?

Kenny from KT Performance offered me "191" dv's that were better than normal ones. I've been thinking of buying them. Would you gentlemen see this as a potent choice or should I be looking at something even bigger?

It's still a daily driven truck and will remain that way. It will not be a racing truck and I want to keep the amount of smoke to minimum without hurting performance.

This is how it now behaves at take-off, no brakes applied nor upping boost. Just slamming on the throttle, nothing more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rVDK-I6FSE

nice truck! And it spools really quick!! At what elevation is that?

Elevation is about 100 feet.

I'm quite satisfied now with it regarding how fast it spools. Thanks 12valve.

Could someone explain to me the basics of these .022 and .024 deliveries?
From the ground up and how they compare to 181's and 191's.

Elevation is about 100 feet.

I'm quite satisfied now with it regarding how fast it spools. Thanks 12valve.

Could someone explain to me the basics of these .022 and .024 deliveries?
From the ground up and how they compare to 181's and 191's.

If I remember right it was bigger than all except the .022's and only slightly smaller than them but much more friendly, Columbus says 20% more fuel out of them.

Jim

At Peak's website:

022: These Delivery Valves will deliver approx. 20% more HP for your 94-98 Dodge Cummins 12 Valve

024: Delivery Valve Kit will deliver more HP than the 191 Delivery Valves but not as much heat as the 022 Delivery Valves

The website at least referred to Bosch. No P/Ns though.

I thought they were custom cut on a lathe and 191's came stock in some other applications. But i saw it said bosch and was curious.

The 024's that I have are a Bosch part number, as far as I know 022's are a Bosch part as well.

I'm hoping to get on the Dyno this week to compare 181's, 191's, and the 024's.

A part number for 022s was posted a month or two ago here, search for it.

I haven't taken the time to verify whether the number is good or not though.

Yes its a good number, only problem is all the pump shops I called wanted $50.00 for each DV and holder.

Peak has been around so long that they probably have a deal with someone.

i bought a set of the 5x.014s with .0015" lift. for my service truck, at first i didnt like them but then i put thin .6 mm washers on them and they are great now great power and good milage

Scott-
What washers are you running under your injectors?
I have some haze right now too and will be putting some .010 washers in to try and get back into the bowl.

Found a set of 370s I'm going to barrow for now, sorry I didn't get back to you.

Back