5x14 VS. 5x16 power?

Scott-
What washers are you running under your injectors?
I have some haze right now too and will be putting some .010 washers in to try and get back into the bowl.

Found a set of 370s I'm going to barrow for now, sorry I didn't get back to you.

.020" washers are the thinnest you can get. .6mm=.023"

If you need them for cheaper than Cummins, US diesel parts has an install kit for $12.
Also SNEDGE on here has them for cheap also.

B,C Series 5.9L Injector Installation Kit (6)

I've been noticing that I cannot get much past 54psi. 60 is the target so not that much to climb but was wondering whether my 181/131 dv's are holding me back. What do you think?

Kenny from KT Performance offered me "191" dv's that were better than normal ones. I've been thinking of buying them. Would you gentlemen see this as a potent choice or should I be looking at something even bigger?

It's still a daily driven truck and will remain that way. It will not be a racing truck and I want to keep the amount of smoke to minimum without hurting performance.

This is how it now behaves at take-off, no brakes applied nor upping boost. Just slamming on the throttle, nothing more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rVDK-I6FSE

Not sure what you run for air but if you want more fuel 191s or 022s would be an easy way to get it without having to get into internal pump work. See info above regarding differences between the two.

I did back to back runs comparing 191's and 024's. The 024's picked up 15rwhp peak, but as much as 30hp under the curve. Going off of the recall on my x monitor 75* drop in egt's, 2.5 psi of boost. The 024's seem to smoke a lot less on the street. Now I need to get my hands on a set of 022's to see what they do.

I did back to back runs comparing 191's and 024's. The 024's picked up 15rwhp peak, but as much as 30hp under the curve. Going off of the recall on my x monitor 75* drop in egt's, 2.5 psi of boost. The 024's seem to smoke a lot less on the street. Now I need to get my hands on a set of 022's to see what they do.

As usual some good info Brett! I would suspect the 022s to produce more power and would expect you to notice more smoke with them. I never got to make a full good recorded pass with the 022s due to either traveling through the lights or the intercooler boot exploding (BD crap) before I coasted to a 12.1x at 104is IIRC. :nail:

Great info. :clap:

I agree. Brett, that was excellent piece of info. Exactly what I needed. Lucky enough my 024's are already on their way to me.

so the general consensus is that .024's are the "secret weapon" to have ?

Well im guessing all that is established is the smaller the shoulder the more fuel so .022s would pump more fuel and make more heat than .024s. It also would smoke more and have a higher hp potential. So it would all depend on what is best for your truck. I think over 800hp has been made on stock dv's.

So .024s are more streetable, but .022s will move more fuel, support more power, and make more smoke?

You test a full cut yet ?

You test a full cut yet ?

I haven't had them in my 215 pump, but back when I had my 180 pump, the 181's ran about a half second faster in the quarter than the full cut's. Since I had the better results with 181's I got rid of the full cuts.

Id like to see some one test full cuts with a single. I picked up 40hp back to back testing a DV that flowed slightly more then a 191, but I have twins.

There's a kid local to me that wants to try it at some point. He's got a 160 pump, ddp3's and a 64/71/14, he'd like to try 181's, 191's, full cuts, and also my set of .093" holders.

Im getting ready to go from 191's to .024s, but .022s are the same price. I can't decide what would be better.

Are the holders just drilled out?
I'm not sure how they were done, I got them from a friend that had them sitting around. I know there are some factory Bosch holders that are a larger diameter than the ones used in the dodge applications. The Bosch ones that I saw were either .087" or .093" and they were about a 1/4" shorter than the dodge ones.

Back