6.7 12V Again.

Lenehan05 -a 12v gear case will not fit a 6.7 block. the block casting is way to large around the pump and pump hits the block. so does the gear case. drill/mill/ tap all you want. if it were me, id wana buy the right parts the first time.

Yes, as I am not the one machining not assembling.
But a 12v timing housing can be used on a 6.7 block with modification.
I understand simplicity of buyin a custom one, but I know they work and work flawlessly and save a good bit of money.
My motor is runnin a stock modified 12V gear housing mater the the 6.7 block.

Lenehan05 -a 12v gear case will not fit a 6.7 block. the block casting is way to large around the pump and pump hits the block. so does the gear case. drill/mill/ tap all you want. if it were me, id wana buy the right parts the first time.

I understand simplicity of buyin a custom one, but I know they work and work flawlessly and save a good bit of money.

picture?

Yes a 12V cover will fit a 6.7 block, with some minor mods. I can post a picture if need be. :)

I can post a pic soon. It's at the shop currently.

But it is a common thing..

Why invent the wheel,you can buy the correct 12V piston for 6.7 directly from Cummins,PN 4089453 and cyl head gasket PN 2830923

:pop:

Played around on google a little this morning and found that the komatsu pc200-6 has a VP 12 valve 5.9, but the model right after (pc200-8)is the regular 6.7CR 24 valve. whatever 12valve 6.7 engine is out there it must have only been made for a short while.

bebytypy.jpg

uhe5u4az.jpg

Why invent the wheel,you can buy the correct 12V piston for 6.7 directly from Cummins,PN 4089453 and cyl head gasket PN 2830923

:pop:

Since these guys are talking about a Mopar bottom end, that 4.090 piston is gonna be a bit sloppy in a 4.210 bore.

The simplest answer for stock stroke/rod/deck/mopar parts is bore it to 4.250 and use a 620 piston.

ugu3uvun.jpg

That would explain why this one say's electronic governor.

Close, but no cigar this time!

Since these guys are talking about a Mopar bottom end, that 4.090 piston is gonna be a bit sloppy in a 4.210 bore.

The simplest answer for stock stroke/rod/deck/mopar parts is bore it to 4.250 and use a 620 piston.

Maybe to use the service sleeve 3904166 to get bore back to 4.09

I can't find any information about 6BTA6.7 bore and stroke, but same engine made by Iveco shows following info about bore and stroke : 104x132 mm, 4.09x5.196 inch

@younguns- I can't remember the model of that excavator I was running. I think it may have been a pc160??? It was a pc-of-crap I know that.

I'm sure on my life it was a 12v 6.7 because that data plate said 408 cu.in. I had pics of it but since I had got a new phone when I synced the old phone to the new one I lost some pics.

Also, like I said the parts for it came in a CNH box. I know that a lot of cummins/CNH parts can't be found or bought over the counter from Cummins. You have to go through CNH parts.

Back