6.7 12V Again.

@younguns- I can't remember the model of that excavator I was running. I think it may have been a pc160??? It was a pc-of-crap I know that.

I'm sure on my life it was a 12v 6.7 because that data plate said 408 cu.in. I had pics of it but since I had got a new phone when I synced the old phone to the new one I lost some pics.

Also, like I said the parts for it came in a CNH box. I know that a lot of cummins/CNH parts can't be found or bought over the counter from Cummins. You have to go through CNH parts.

The engine specs on the pc160-6 is 239ci (basically the 4bt)

I think the pc200 is closer to what you drove, between the pc200-6-7-8 they all have the bigger six cylinder, but I cant find where one was 6.7 AND mechanically injected. the pc200-6 and 7 are both 5.9's I believe, then the pc200-8 is the 6.7. So I dont know, just doing some googling and using this website to confirm engine sizes

KomatsuHydraulic Excavator

Is everyone ignoring the fact that the industrial 6.7's are all rear gear train, or has that been mentioned somewhere here already?

Is everyone ignoring the fact that the industrial 6.7's are all rear gear train, or has that been mentioned somewhere here already?

I'm not sure that anyone's mentioned anything that makes a difference which end the gear train is on.

Played around on google a little this morning and found that the komatsu pc200-6 has a VP 12 valve 5.9, but the model right after (pc200-8)is the regular 6.7CR 24 valve. whatever 12valve 6.7 engine is out there it must have only been made for a short while.

bebytypy.jpg

uhe5u4az.jpg

Sure would be nice to get a model and serial number off an engine like that.
The VP 12v.

Right, has anyone discussed swapping cams, cranks, ect?

What about the flip side, could a rear geartrain engine be used instead of swapping the parts out in a front geartrain?

I'm pretty sure the blocks have alot of differences just in looking at the Cummins books here at work. I won't be able to dig too far into this for another couple weeks when I get my new job where I'll have more access to the rear geartrain info. Most the rear geartrain we see here at my current job are the new PACCAR MX engines.

What about the flip side, could a rear geartrain engine be used instead of swapping the parts out in a front geartrain?

I'm pretty sure the blocks have alot of differences just in looking at the Cummins books here at work. I won't be able to dig too far into this for another couple weeks when I get my new job where I'll have more access to the rear geartrain info. Most the rear geartrain we see here at my current job are the new PACCAR MX engines.

The ones I've been around have been a massively wide structural block that is probably nearly 30" wide where it bolts to a tractor transmission. I'd imagine some variants with SAE housings existed, I know SAE RGT existed in the 5.9 world.

I'm pretty sure the mopar blocks are rear geartrain compatible. When I come up with the parts I believe I'll put together a 12V SAE RGT engine using a mopar block, industrial 5.2" crank, deck plate, and a Sisu piston and rod.

Mx engines are cummins engines ..

The ones I've been around have been a massively wide structural block that is probably nearly 30" wide where it bolts to a tractor transmission. I'd imagine some variants with SAE housings existed, I know SAE RGT existed in the 5.9 world.

I'm pretty sure the mopar blocks are rear geartrain compatible. When I come up with the parts I believe I'll put together a 12V SAE RGT engine using a mopar block, industrial 5.2" crank, deck plate, and a Sisu piston and rod.

Why the choice in parts

So I can have a 443 CID tow vehicles with triples that gets like 2k miles a year put on it. LOL

A 7.2 liter should make a little bit of torque. Just a little.... :D

Are you actually going to build that or is it just a long term project?

I noticed you didn't want to call it a 7.3 liter like the 444cuin powerjoke..

A 7.2 liter should make a little bit of torque. Just a little.... :D

Are you actually going to build that or is it just a long term project?

I'll do it when/if a salvage tractor shows up here with the harder to find parts. I'm not in any hurry.