62/71/13ss and 475 twin installed

what questions do you have about the setup...maybe i can help?

75 PSI? for real? As mentioned before, that's allot of boost for the combination.. With just head studs?

I had some reservations about the 700 Degree EGT...
Re read about the 700 degree temps (On an incline pulling 25-30 PSI@ 75MPH)
No data yet on WOT run...

Sorry, I was guilty of just scanning the thread.

Let us know how this setup works out for you guys!!

Should be a really sweet set up. I'm just beginning to gather the parts to put a s475 under my 62/65/13ss. I was told the exhaust housing was longer on the stainless and would not work with the basic s300/s400 piping. Any truth to this?

the stainless housing is shorter than the standard cast housings, have to message all the components to gain back the 2mm in difference...

the 75lbs boost was reached a couple of times...the mls gasket and studs is a very strong setup but i dont think i would expect/want anymore out this combo, need to get a cold pipe boost guage to see what the primary is doing, just didnt have time...

further more would like to thank rip rook at source automotive for all the help on putting this setup together! anyone who needs twins components or kits...call rip and do it right the first time!

full boost obtainted at fourth gear lockup doing triple digits on a quiet highway...

yes you are right i have had two different cams in my truck and bith lowered boost numbers but at some point boost numbers will still go up, the head is not ported so there is still restriction in the head, there is no DP or primary boost guage, cant tune the truck properly as of yet.

as i am thinking...i set the tnt program to timing 4 on 8sw...again i havehad enough time with the truck to tune it out completely, truck also uses an ez on 1...

I only see 62 max with a 62/71/14 over a standard S475. 26-28 of that is from the primary....no gates or I'm sure I could drive it higher.
Basically the same size injector as you....but it clears up perfectly and I'm not overly stressing the studs or MLS gasket....put over 40K on it this way with zero issues so I don't think I wanna push my luck. LOL

full boost obtainted at fourth gear lockup doing triple digits on a quiet highway...

yes you are right i have had two different cams in my truck and bith lowered boost numbers but at some point boost numbers will still go up, the head is not ported so there is still restriction in the head, there is no DP or primary boost guage, cant tune the truck properly as of yet.

as i am thinking...i set the tnt program to timing 4 on 8sw...again i havehad enough time with the truck to tune it out completely, truck also uses an ez on 1...

smarty even numbers- #8 make HUGE boost...... the power is lacking though
# 9 makes less boost but better hp

did it on the dyno with my truck

smarty even numbers- #8 make HUGE boost...... the power is lacking though
# 9 makes less boost but better hp

did it on the dyno with my truck

SW9 over sw8 is just a duration change only fro the fact that i moved timing up already...

every before and after i have done with cammed trucks, make the truck super responsive to timing...so question is was your truck cammed when you did that dyno run?

sw8 an sw9 Have the same duration. Timing the only differnce between the 2

Not quite...sw-8 has more duration than sw-9, thats how you can make more power on sw-8 (if you have the supporting mods) than on sw-9 with the same timing.

My truck routinely makes 20-25 more HP on sw-8 than sw-9 with timing being the same.

Only way to answer that is with more duration.

When we had Marco here last year doing the custom tuning all my tuning was done on sw-8, with Marco saying that it was the most duration avail.

HMM interesting. I guess you always learn something new on hear. I've never made as much power on 8 then I did on 9 With timing being the same. I'm sick of guessing what fuel quantities where delivering to these CR's

75 PSI? for real? As mentioned before, that's allot of boost for the combination.. With just head studs?

I had some reservations about the 700 Degree EGT...
Re read about the 700 degree temps (On an incline pulling 25-30 PSI@ 75MPH)
No data yet on WOT run...

Sorry, I was guilty of just scanning the thread.

Let us know how this setup works out for you guys!!

Im thinking my probe for the egt is not long enough. The ats manifold is quite a bit heavier than the stocker. I need to measure it to see if these readings are true. As for my cam I believe that the truck runs harder and stronger than ever possible compared to the stocker, and it does like the timing throughout the powerband. truck is in dire need of the trac bars which i will be adding this weekend.

Stock gasket with standard studs aint gonna last long at 75psi boost

I can fully agree with that statement.

You seem to have way lower temps than I do at cruising speed. I just put a S475 w/race cover on it under my 62. I only got to drive it one night to test it and didn't have turbos tuned yet but still was at close to 900* at 60mph and 20psi. That was on sw1 tnt revo. Could hit 1450-1550* by 115 mph, but I think key thing here is injector size being the differences.

Head is being fire ringed now.

installed the primary under my lil turbo over the christmas break. I used sources piping and ats 3 piece to make it all work. All I can say is wow. Night and day different truck. Only smoke I see is if I lug it bad. H11s are holding peak boost at 75psi which is where the blow offs are set. Question is how much more low boost fueling would make a difference? Got 100hps now, would a bigger injector drive better? Egt never went to 700Deg and that was pulling some long grades. Very happy thanks jason (isbeinside).
It was good to meet you last week, you got yourself a nice truck. Next time your in town we should throw it on the Dyno to see what she'll make, or you can just have Jason draw up a sheet with whatever numbers you want!(I heard he got the big box of crayola's for Christmas)LOL

It was good to meet you last week, you got yourself a nice truck. Next time your in town we should throw it on the Dyno to see what she'll make, or you can just have Jason draw up a sheet with whatever numbers you want!(I heard he got the big box of crayola's for Christmas)LOL

of course i did the wife got me the double 256 crayon box, i can make any horse power you want in any color!

Back