62/71/13ss and 475 twin installed

not that i dont believe you guys...cause that is not the case, i have someone who will remain un-named tell me different, i trust him more than i know you guys. i am in the process of getting a drive pressure and cold pipe boost guage installed into the truck to "tune" the twins, but if DP and boost are correct than you guys will have just proved yourselfs wrong....time will tell.

side note i plan on running this system at 1.1 to 1.15-1 on DP i dont care what boost is after that, that puts the truck at less than 90lbs DP at 75Lbs total boost.

not that i dont believe you guys...cause that is not the case, i have someone who will remain un-named tell me different, i trust him more than i know you guys. i am in the process of getting a drive pressure and cold pipe boost guage installed into the truck to "tune" the twins, but if DP and boost are correct than you guys will have just proved yourselfs wrong....time will tell.

side note i plan on running this system at 1.1 to 1.15-1 on DP i dont care what boost is after that, that puts the truck at less than 90lbs DP at 75Lbs total boost.

Good idea Jason...when you know what your DP ratio is you will know if your boost it too high.

People who "tune" twins solely based on overall and cold pipe boost numbers are not truely tuning them....they are just ensuring that both turbos are doing equal work. When for most of the time this will suffice, but to truly "Tune" twins in its a art of balancing all 3 major boost numbers and getting them as close to perfect as possible. That ensures that both turbos are in their respective "MAPS" and doing equal work.

Keep up the good work Jason, your buddy will be greatly rewarded when your work is done.

I think the difference in boost numbers between one guys setup and another with equal fuel, atmosphere, load, etc is due 100% to where the top turbo is wastegated at.

If you drive the top turbo really hard, you will make a ton of boost at the expense of drive pressure. How bad is drive pressure..... I don't know, I've never tweaked a wastegate on the dyno to see what it does to the numbers. Now I fully believe it's possible to tune twins for maximum spoolup but I question how much tweaking the wastegate really effects peak HP.

Does anyone have real world test results they'd like to share?

sorry to dig this up, eventhough u can almost tune your twins with just 2 boost guages, is it absolutely necessary to rig up a drive pressure gauge, if others are running the same turbos / boost numbers and you have exh. porting? i am planning to run a safe level of boost, to be easy on parts, compared to balls to the walls just to gain that extra bit maybe.. also have studs and firerings fyi.. thanks

well either i ask it here, or i start a new thread.. dont think it matters to much, maybe a few that have posted in here, still have thread subscriptions and could respond with something intelligent quicker..

EGTs 700!!!

installed the primary under my lil turbo over the christmas break. I used sources piping and ats 3 piece to make it all work. All I can say is wow. Night and day different truck. Only smoke I see is if I lug it bad. H11s are holding peak boost at 75psi which is where the blow offs are set. Question is how much more low boost fueling would make a difference? Got 100hps now, would a bigger injector drive better? Egt never went to 700Deg and that was pulling some long grades. Very happy thanks jason (isbeinside).

Dude,.. you need a new EGT gauge or probe. You are on the wrong site if your gauge is right and you are selling those BS tickets to all of us who know better. Just a fact. That comment belongs on TDR.

might have meant 700 just cruising with is perfectly normal, as for the grades might have been, i wasnt watching the guage when we were driving...

Back