62/71/13ss and 475 twin installed

It was good to meet you last week, you got yourself a nice truck. Next time your in town we should throw it on the Dyno to see what she'll make, or you can just have Jason draw up a sheet with whatever numbers you want!(I heard he got the big box of crayola's for Christmas)LOL

of course i did the wife got me the double 256 crayon box, i can make any horse power you want in any color!

NO NO NO NO....only JP can draw lines with the Crayolas!!!! :hehe:

Jason your gonna have to try using "Erasable Pen", so you can infinatly modify the graph!!!! :cheer:

i like the white board/ dry erase idea very productive and GREEN...true californian!

It was good to meet you last week, you got yourself a nice truck. Next time your in town we should throw it on the Dyno to see what she'll make, or you can just have Jason draw up a sheet with whatever numbers you want!(I heard he got the big box of crayola's for Christmas)LOL

of course i did the wife got me the double 256 crayon box, i can make any horse power you want in any color!

:hehe:

OH SNAP!!

running joke...which im sure you get, but swole you can be part of the manipulators if you want i will draw you a good horsepower! haha

running joke...which im sure you get, but swole you can be part of the manipulators if you want i will draw you a good horsepower! haha

LOL

Thanks man, but at this point I'm just glad my truck Rolls Up Hill!! lol

Actually though, I finally started putting the fuel to it last night and today for short burst....I Might, and let me saying it again MIGHT have my 800+ ponies back....3rd gear (Auto) roll on's in lock up at 40-50 mph will freakin light the tires on fire!! Of course its pretty dang cold out. But, its feelin strong!

SW9 over sw8 is just a duration change only fro the fact that i moved timing up already...

every before and after i have done with cammed trucks, make the truck super responsive to timing...so question is was your truck cammed when you did that dyno run?

no this was seen before i had a cam and a bunch of work done- timing was the same for both(not default) - was on the dyno for 2 hrs............. BUT even now with all the motor work (# 8 makes crazy/fast boost- yet just doesnt have the pull/push of # 9 (but dyno only)) i will report after i get to spend some time on the dyno again.

You seem to have way lower temps than I do at cruising speed. I just put a S475 w/race cover on it under my 62. I only got to drive it one night to test it and didn't have turbos tuned yet but still was at close to 900* at 60mph and 20psi. That was on sw1 tnt revo. Could hit 1450-1550* by 115 mph, but I think key thing here is injector size being the differences.

my truck would bury the egt's(1600*+) on sm#1 on a 0-50 mph run----- sm#3 would get to 1250* around 90mph

Fletcher told me his cams typically gain you 8psi.

though cams were to DECREASE Boost

:Cheer:

LOL

Thanks man, but at this point I'm just glad my truck Rolls Up Hill!! lol

Actually though, I finally started putting the fuel to it last night and today for short burst....I Might, and let me saying it again MIGHT have my 800+ ponies back....3rd gear (Auto) roll on's in lock up at 40-50 mph will freakin light the tires on fire!! Of course its pretty dang cold out. But, its feelin strong!

What an awesome problem to have! :evil

What an awesome problem to have! :evil

:rockwoot:

I'm happy!! If I can get rid of this freakin random P0236 code that keeps poppin my CEL on and cutting the power, I'll be really happy!!

Sorry for the derail guys!!

As you were!

Tirefriers truck was breaking the Tires loose on the highway when we were doing shakedown runs...like stated it's an awesome problem too have!

my truck would bury the egt's(1600*+) on sm#1 on a 0-50 mph run----- sm#3 would get to 1250* around 90mph

It was just the first run with out tuned twins I hope it does go down once its back together and tunrt up a little.

further more would like to thank rip rook at source automotive for all the help on putting this setup together! anyone who needs twins components or kits...call rip and do it right the first time!

X2 Rip is the Man

Sorry got carried away with it. It matches everything we got here though.

wasnt being a dik-- just letting you know what i saw--- i will NEVER run my trucks on #1....... i will put it back to stock programing first if i need to turn it down that much

THats cool just got carried away with the red and size. I always ran it on 1 due to the smoke it produced with the S400 single and lag. It was really bad to drive on stock so went with 1. When ever I tried to drive on 3 or 5 it was horrible road conditions.

Am I all wet here?

As others have said,.. with your present setup,.. 75psi is way over the top. Not a healthy number for your rig. So why the 75psi relief valves? Not good.

Finally addressing my "all wet" statement,... if resistance = higher boost then I would think that the ATS exh manifold is causing some, if not a lot of the issue. If you take an ATS manifold (which is a quality piece that I am not knocking here), but it also does NOT match the port size. I didn't take the numbers but sotp by laying a gasket over the exh manifold port vs the head port size looks like maybe at least 10% smaller to me. That's resistance and therefore raising your boost number by backpressure which would/should lead to premature headgasket failure, IMO.

So go ahead and blast my reasoning!

I agree Pat there is a big difference in sizes with the openings. When I did mine I matched all openings to its adjoining surface and radiused them to flow smoother.

i dont disagree...port matching is a good thing,

as far as boost goes i was told by people that i trust, 75psi is normal for this setup, now to qualify the statement no talk of the headgasket was brought up...but i will say that these headgaskets need a little more credit then everyone gives them...

the relief valves are adjustable and can be turned down...that might be an opinion if need be...only time will tell, added note where the truck DD in las vegas is much different the the cool sea level air where the truck was intially setup at, dont think the truck will hit 75lbs at 2500-3000ft of dry air?!

Hmmmm!

i dont disagree...port matching is a good thing,

as far as boost goes i was told by people that i trust, 75psi is normal for this setup, now to qualify the statement no talk of the headgasket was brought up...but i will say that these headgaskets need a little more credit then everyone gives them...

the relief valves are adjustable and can be turned down...that might be an opinion if need be...only time will tell, added note where the truck DD in las vegas is much different the the cool sea level air where the truck was intially setup at, dont think the truck will hit 75lbs at 2500-3000ft of dry air?!

I previously ran a 64/71/13ss over an s480 at 52psi and MPI did the setup and I asked the boost question to HTT (where the turbos came from) and they told me I was right where I should be. I did run a ported head and a ported exh manifold that was port matched. IMO, you don't need 75psi to make power.

Not to derail but to kinda add to it...

I run MPI 62/71/13ss ^ S480 race cover. Stock head and what ever manifold came with the kit. nothing ported or matched. F1 Spartan Billet H2 cam is the only mod that might make a different in boost psi.

With Flux 3.3's and these 3.8's now and my OLD decompressed (Aprox. 14.5:1) motor I could barely get to 62-65 psi...

Same Flux 3.8's (190) and this new motor at about 16:1 compression (Just started putting the fuel to it. not completely broke in) I'm still just below 70 psi...

I am running the lowest timing though...Still got the rattle a bit...low timing helps is be minimized.....So If I raised the timing for more top end power, Boost psi would be even lower...

Back