8.3L Cummins Transplant

They gotta see my ugly face when I walk in, so I'm sure the weight dont matter to much.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Consider yourself a very lucky person.

FYI 870,871,2250, &2350 are the ISX ECM systems that Cummins has developed to keep us completely confused for the last decade or so.

Yea engines were a lot easier to work on then. I loved working on an old NTC.

Snedge I talked to your brother last week about some oil lines for my 190 recon but hadn't heard back. Just letting you know I went by a Parker store Monday and they made some for me.

#LongNoseGMC

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6925[1].jpg
    IMG_6925[1].jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6927[1].jpg
    IMG_6927[1].jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
Extended. Going to try to score a fan setup at the local salvage at lunch. They have lots of busses. I hope I get lucky.

Not sure if I need to fish-plate it or not. The only thing on it will be the radiator, hood, and bumper. I might throw a small plate on it for fun but I don't really think I need it. I guess the bumper is pretty heavy so maybe I better.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6932[1].jpg
    IMG_6932[1].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That must have taken you a while, 4 Dr. Peppers and 6 Coors?

Dude...that's the wife's. Mine is the empty cup that was once Pepsi and Jim Beam Devil's Cut. :D

Beer gives me a headache anymore. Whiskey makes me funny and attractive.

Front cradle mount is "out for delivery" today. Sure wish I could find a fan and the mount for it. :(

Not sure, but the mount to the block on the 8.3L is a rectangle, four-bolt pattern.

You can see the four holes here.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5088.jpg
    IMG_5088.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The medium duty fans like what I imagine hes looking for are completely different, they mount in the same bolt holes, but after that they are larger, angled different and are heavier. Even the belt routing is different.

I've spend a few hours online searching and looking lately and ain't found nothing. I hate to start calling around asking when I don't even know what I'm looking for exactly. I just need something that bolts on those four holes and moves air. LOL

I wish I still had dudes number I bought my motor off of, hes got piles of med duty stuff.

I doubt there's an electric fan for a decent price that can move the air you want, but have you looked into them?

I have two Ford trucks with 8.3 engines, LT8000 with high mount and F800 with low mount. I'll look at them and see if the extra hub I have for a 5.9 bus engine is the same or not, don't have any extra fans. How does the fan on the 8.2 mount to the hub, also could you have taken the horse shoe mount off the 8.2 and modified it to work on the 8.3?

Anybody with an 8.3 powered freightliner or something of that nature? Or find a VIN for one online and I can look up part numbers for you Jory.

8.3%20fan%20assy_zpsyvhrovuk.png

This is the fan assembly from an early 90s freightliner with an 8.3

The assembly that mounts to the block is more than likely a Cummins part. I will see if I can dig up the ESN for that truck and get it through quickserve. At least you'll have part numbers for a truck app 8.3 to start shopping from.