8.3L Cummins Transplant

I noticed. I'll give it two strokes with a sled hammer and you can have it. :hehe:

FINALLY.....finally got somewhere with finding out where this big bastard was hatched.

It is from a PX240 Power Unit.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT8iBQbFVzskAtxpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyYmF1ZHRuBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjA0OTJfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1437708801/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2frandkpivots.com%2ffiles%2f2013%2f01%2fPX240.pdf/RK=0/RS=BPrRXPuif.nPeMq610YywGTUU6g-

Engine Model/Manufacturer 6TAA-830/CNH Engine Corp.
Engine Type 6 Cyl., 2 valve, turbocharged/charge air cooled
Engine Displacement 8.3 litres (504.5 cu. in.)
Bore and Stroke 114 x 135 mm (4.49 x 5.32 in.)
Compression Ratio 18.0:1
Engine Configuration 6 cylinder, in line, four stroke cycle (firing order 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4)
Description Turbocharged, compression ignition, direct injection from
in-line mechanical Robert Bosch injection pump
Governor Breakaway 2275 rpm +/- 25 rpm
Governor Regulation 8% +/- 1 %
High Idle Speed 2460 +/- 60 rpm
Low Idle Speed 1000 rpm +/- 100 rpm
Nominal Power Developed 240 hp (179 kW) @ 2200 rpm
Nominal Max Torque 823 ft-lbs. (1116 Nm) @ 1500 rpm
Altitude Capacity 10,000 ft. (3,050 m)
Engine Certification Tier 2, US EPA heavy-duty non-road emissions Stage IIIA,
EU heavy-duty non-road emissions and
California Air Resources Board (CARB)

823 ft lbs....... :rockwoot: Take that you POS Detroit boat anchor. :hehe:

Engine stand located. Picking up tomorrow morning from a buddy. For some reason I guess I thought these motors mounted to a stand on the side of the block. It will never rotate if that is the deal. I guess I make a plate to mount it to the bell housing? Will it hold up that long SOB like that?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1
Take the flywheel and housing off. You can't use that chit anyway. Build your plate to bolt to the block.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to get it up on the rack tomorrow and start removing things I don't need....like the injection pump. :evil

I now have part number for all the filters, oil, fuel, water, water separator, etc. I can give you those numbers if you think you will have them and you can ship them to me. Or if you don't think it would be worth your time, I can try to find them local and save the shipping. Up to you. I'll give you the binnes if you want it. :D

I believe most hang them from the side because their stands won't hold it the other way. Grown ass man stands can handle it from the rear. No homo.

I now have part number for all the filters, oil, fuel, water, water separator, etc. I can give you those numbers if you think you will have them and you can ship them to me. Or if you don't think it would be worth your time, I can try to find them local and save the shipping. Up to you. I'll give you the binnes if you want it. :D

Shoot me the list in my email. You should maybe get it in there and running before we sell you too many filters.

Holy crap, Brad! You are dying to make me get out Solidworks and design a cradle. What the hell? LOL

I was going to ask this morning.....therefor I will now....will the cast flywheel housing I have hold it if I simply cut the SAE 3 bolt pattern on the outside of a piece of 3/4" plate and the hub pattern on the stand in the center or is that too much counter-levered weight on the flywheel housing?

It's easier to measure and cut round patterns than to try to match that dang block....but I don't want it to fall. What say all?

I was thinking I could make a bracket that bolts on the front where the fan bracket is missing and it could take some of the weight off the back.

Last edited:
I really don't see a problem using the flywheel housing. Only reason you don't see that done is you can't tear it apart like that. Can't get the crank out.

For what you're doing, you don't care.

Chris