8.3L Cummins Transplant

Careful through St Louis. I got mixed up from all the construction and missed my exit.

Take I-64 East from St Louis. If you run that to Louisville then up I-71 to my place or even to Columbus, it might be 15 miles further, but takes about 5 minutes more and the roads are a heck of a lot smoother.

Chris

It's a pipe dream for now....but I did throw it on the table at lunch just now to the Dr. I asked here if she wanted to go to Ohio and she said, "umm, no." What she didn't say was "you ain't either. " LOL

It's a pipe dream for now....but I did throw it on the table at lunch just now to the Dr. I asked here if she wanted to go to Ohio and she said, "umm, no." What she didn't say was "you ain't either. " LOL

That doesn't look real far from Terre Haute.... :evil

I wanna go..

I've asked her about three times and every time it has been a strict no. I've still got hope though. :Cheer:

If she said NO 3 times that equal YES in my book. Unless your talking about a drunk college girl then its still NO :)

I'm so far in the dog house these days it really aint that bad.

If she said NO 3 times that equal YES in my book. Unless your talking about a drunk college girl then its still NO :)

This. I take on the philosophy that either she is going to be pissed because I do what I want or I am going to be pissed because I do what she wants. I don't like being pissed.

Let's redirect so no one gets killed here.

Trying to confirm the bolt pattern on this engine stand before I cut a plate. The final drive is out of a Massey Harris 92 Special. I measured a 6" bore with an 8 on 8" bolt pattern. I'd sure like some confirmation before I cut it out. I'm scanning google now. Anyone?

Those dimensions are stupidly common for agricultural 8 bolt wheels.

Go with it.

Those dimensions are stupidly common for agricultural 8 bolt wheels.

Go with it.

Cool. Thanks. My calipers gave me a warm fuzzy on the 6" bore, I'll cut it at 6.1" however they wouldn't span to 8" and I had to measure that with a tape measure...and eye ball it. The lugs are 9/16 so I'm assuming any 9/16 fine thread lug bolt will work. We will see.

Got a 1/2" steel plate 24" diameter from the steel place for scrap price. I'll center punch SAE 1-3 patterns and just drill the 3 for now.

I got her talked into it last night. LOL

Don't know if I can make it or not though..

Anyways... Any progress?

Just depends on what all the total accumulation of parts is and what it cost to ship them all. It is going to have be a helluva savings for me to drive two full days to spend one day hanging out and swapping parts to constitute driving that far. I'll have to take a day off work as well as I'm not driving all day Sat then all day Sun without a day of relaxation in between. I'm too old for that crap. I don't know what freight costs for a pallet of parts but if it is less than $500, it might be worth it to ship. Three days of my time is worth more than $200 if fuel costs me $300. It might all hinge on the 6-speed transmission Gods right now. LOL

Just depends on what all the total accumulation of parts is and what it cost to ship them all. It is going to have be a helluva savings for me to drive two full days to spend one day hanging out and swapping parts to constitute driving that far. I'll have to take a day off work as well as I'm not driving all day Sat then all day Sun without a day of relaxation in between. I'm too old for that crap. I don't know what freight costs for a pallet of parts but if it is less than $500, it might be worth it to ship. Three days of my time is worth more than $200 if fuel costs me $300. It might all hinge on the 6-speed transmission Gods right now. LOL

It is definitely cheaper than $500 to ship a pallet of parts. Find a buddy with a business and ship through there. We pay less than $200 to ship entire engines. Last engine I shipped to the southwest was right under $200 through conway to a big tater farm in texas.

Well, sweet. As much as I'd love to visit folks up there, that might be the way. I can ship it to our business here and use our forklift to off load.

Were you using the MarkNixonExpress? :hehe:

Pulled the IP last night. When barring the motor over to pin it and the pump at TDC....Jonathan and I noticed the end play in the crank shaft is crazy. I'd guess .2" or more? Surely to hell that can't be that sloppy. I scanned through the manual and didn't see anything about it. I'll look some more. Might have to go internal on this POS. That is not going to make me happy.