833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2 I am back

W1cked said:
Guys i am going by the actual software that the dynojet uses. I guess all these dyno numbers don't mean a thing because everyone here is an expert.
It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and critizise and judge. Anyone that knows about altitude might join this post and let people know how altitude affects our trucks. Where i come from i am at sealevel. Up here at 4500 ft elevation it is a totally differrent ball game. Oh well I will never win in this site.
Maybe someone can help me make some real power because I don't really know what i am doing.
LOL
Dont tell me about altitude im in colorado. 4500 is low elevation. When i ran in kentucky all i got was a 12.34, here (PMI) ive ran a 12.28...doesnt make that much difference. You cant win on this sight because your claims before were bs and the proof is right here, although you choose to ignore it.

By the way i make 725HP on fuel with a 17% correction factor...

Last edited:
duke1n said:
LMAO bring yo dumbasses up here to Denver and see what happens. It's always you flatland knuckleheads that argue we don't need a CF up here. Come on up and get humiliated! You too Gregory lol. Since Richard will have his dyno up here maybe he'll spin his own rollers uncorrected and we'll see how close to that 1100hp he makes... If you haven't been up here and experienced it then you know jackchit.

If the altitude is such a killer up there,why has some of the best times for snow white,the predator truck,etc been made at the truckfest.I wish I could bring my truck to truckfest,its just not in the cards for me now.I was asking earlier about the effects of altitude on power and i believe it doesnt hurt turbocharged vehicles that much,thats why I was asking if I was wrong in my assumptions.

Thanks,
"one of the flatland knuckle heads that dont know jackchit"

Yeah, I don't know anything about the effects of Altitude. When you hit 40,000 feet, come back and talk to me about altitude, and the effects it has on performance. Like I said, you make impressive numbers,and your truck is sweet. Take the compliment, and realize your 833 on #2 is BS. Your right, you can't win here, because people here know better.

W1cked said:
Guys i am going by the actual software that the dynojet uses. I guess all these dyno numbers don't mean a thing because everyone here is an expert.
LOL

The correction factor dynojet uses was not made with our turbo diesels in mind. I'm certain there is hp loss as temperature goes up, and i'm also certain that there is hp loss from going to a higher elevation, BUT the reality seems to be that the uncorrected numbers are a better (i.e. more accurate) measuring stick for our trucks then corrected numbers are. The correction factors add WAY to much to our trucks in their attempt to compensate for elevation, etc.

Check out this thread i posted up a while ago...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10148

while not an 800hp truck, it helps show the point a lot here, including me, are trying to make.

Chris

duke1n said:
LMAO bring yo dumbasses up here to Denver and see what happens. It's always you flatland knuckleheads that argue we don't need a CF up here. Come on up and get humiliated! You too Gregory lol. Since Richard will have his dyno up here maybe he'll spin his own rollers uncorrected and we'll see how close to that 1100hp he makes... If you haven't been up here and experienced it then you know jackchit.

When you get your truck together and actually do something at both high and low altitudes, you can comment,LOL LOL

until then:

Attachments

• Dumbass.jpg
    Dumbass.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
so then on a turbo motor, you should be faster in the 1/4 becuase you have less wind resistance with the drop in altitude density, right?:umno: elevation will suck the crap out of a N/A motor, but not 200hp out of a turbo. just watch top fuel and pro stock cars. the top fuel will loose very little, pro stock hurt allot. w1cked, you still got a badass truck even at those numbers

Its long but basically it says this:

Turbocharger compressor performance map for Orenda OE600A engine — 600 hp at sea level take-off. This compressor can provide pressurized airflow for 500 engine horsepower at altitudes in excess of 25,000 feet. So wicked lost 200 HP at 4500 feet? ALso we must consider that the decreases of pressure and oxygen at altitude are not linear they are exponential, therefore by my rough "dumbass" calculations wicked would have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 149,000 feet to have a 200 HP loss. That must be that new space station dyno.

RCCX said:
Just for discussion sake,what kind of real losses would you expect in dynoing between sea level and wherever their at in Utah?

It is actually the same as the alcohol in the beer 1.8% loss.:hehe:

Mike, find some shocks and come down here... you may need 4wd though...the 600 extra HP you will gain coming out of the clouds may be too much to hold in the road LOL

Mike theres no reason to. We all know that factual data can never hold up to speculation. LOL Watch out for all those 120 HP tractor trailers and low power diesel locomotives up there in your neck of the woods. LOL LOL

Track and dyno are two different things. What you give up in HP you make up for pushing these sails through much less dense air.

It's always the flatlanders who think they know what's up at 6000' and have never been 200' above sea level lol

Flatlanders like Lott who run faster up there huh?

That's funny, the day I saw him up here he couldn't even SnowWhite to light. Maybe we can get him on Richard's dyno knowing Richard would never put his own truck on there and lay down an amazing 785hp. When you dingalings get up here and actually have a clue what you're talking about... let me know lol.

I live up at 9000'. Come up and we can test some other oxygen vs performance theories. You poor fools couldn't get out of your own way trying to squeeze one off on the chitter. Hold on while I catch my breath...

RCCX said:
Just for discussion sake,what kind of real losses would you expect in dynoing between sea level and wherever their at in Utah?
Explain this one RC. At 3800-4500' my truck runs around 98-102 psi with the big charger making 48-52. With zero changes I went to Kent Washington (75' elevation) and made 116psi and the big charger blew up at 64psi. In my opinion the 1.17 correction factor in Salt Lake is way to high. A 1.04 would be about right.