833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2 I am back

Dalpilot said:
Its a supercharged vehicle, and since Nitrous adds about 150+, I have a hard time accepting it robbed that much. LOL
I know tim...just being facetious...jeez I need to use more smilies so ya get the idea...you should know about thin air though flyboy. LOL

Dalpilot said:
Wow, so the 833 CR on fuel only laid down 860ish with NOS? Man I hate being right all the time. LOL Good number though W1cked.
I knew that A5K couldnt muster 833 with out gas. Oh well only 172 more ponies off on fuel.

If I remember correctly, didn't Greyrig put down a trap speed on diesel only that calculated to be right at 800 at the wheels? He's running a k31 as well.

2001shrtbedcmns said:
I know tim...just being facetious...jeez I need to use more smilies so ya get the idea...you should know about thin air though flyboy. LOL

Yeah, and its even thinner in my head. LOL

Guys these numbers are uncorrected and you need to correct them to the altitude. We are at 4500 ft.
Let me know if you guys need help with a calculator.
By the way I am no longer running an aurora 5k.
On diesel alone i pumped out 661 uncorrected that is almost 800 on diesel. The altitude does play around with your ponies up here.
I ran a 12.02 on diesel in the quarter mile while the two trucks that were faster sprayed. I never got a run on the juice and i know for a fact if i would have sprayed it i would have been in the low 11's.

WIcked, in your example you are using a 1.17 CF.....

That is ridiculous for a turbocharged diesel application. A .06 CF is about the most you would ever need, So congrats, you may have 7 bills on fuel.

Dude, take your numbers and be happy. your initial 833 was BS months ago, and its still bs. By your calculations an engine looses 200 HP with 4500 feet. :umno:

Without causing a huge stink,I believe turbocharged vehicles dont need correction factors.If you dyno at sea level and make 50lbs. of boost then you go to denver and make 50lbs. of boost horsepower should be the same right?I am hoping to attend the edge event this year and hope to verify this,but I am sure there is some really smart guy here that could lend some insite on this subject.

W1cked said:
The altitude does play around with your ponies up here.

Riiiiight... that is why MADDOG can dyno 1100 up there and 1100 in Vegas huh?

RCCX said:
Without causing a huge stink,I believe turbocharged vehicles dont need correction factors.If you dyno at sea level and make 50lbs. of boost then you go to denver and make 50lbs. of boost horsepower should be the same right?I am hoping to attend the edge event this year and hope to verify this,but I am sure there is some really smart guy here that could lend some insite on this subject.

RC, you are 99% correct. however their is a slight decrease in the amount of oxygen in that 50 LBS, therefore the numbers are "Slightly" lower.

Just for discussion sake,what kind of real losses would you expect in dynoing between sea level and wherever their at in Utah?

It all depends upon the "density altitude" between the two cities. If it was super hot and humid, with a high altitude, you could loose up to 90 hp or more in a NA engine.

here go about half way down:

http://www.slowgt.com/Calc2.htm

Last edited:
So if you dyno at sea level at 50 lbs and you turn up a wastegate to build say 55 lbs then you might get the same numbers?

Possibly, if the temperature was the same. There are a bunch of numbers that effect the amount of 02 in the given mass of air. Temperature, humidity, barometric pressure. If you dyno in a hurricane, your numbers are going to be lower too. LOL

WW2 airplanes benefited from superchargers, by allowing them to fly at higher altitudes with the same or close to same HP.

Last edited:
Well I guess this means everyone should dyno uncorrected,whatever you dyno is what you get.It gets irritating hearing I dynoed this but if I apply the CF I would of made this.If you dynoed low and blame the elevation you should of rejetted or retuned your truck.I agree with Dalpilot,there could be some loss,but I cant see losing 200hp.

i agree the cf is bs but you do loose some with altitude, on my dually i droped 1/10th in my 1/4 time with a 1000 foot elivation drop and it was 10 degrees warmer at the lower elivation
robert

Guys i am going by the actual software that the dynojet uses. I guess all these dyno numbers don't mean a thing because everyone here is an expert.
It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and critizise and judge. Anyone that knows about altitude might join this post and let people know how altitude affects our trucks. Where i come from i am at sealevel. Up here at 4500 ft elevation it is a totally differrent ball game. Oh well I will never win in this site.
Maybe someone can help me make some real power because I don't really know what i am doing.
LOL

Exactly what block are you running in that truck ?
Built 5.9 or something bigger?

There's some rumors floating around.............

LMAO bring yo dumbasses up here to Denver and see what happens. It's always you flatland knuckleheads that argue we don't need a CF up here. Come on up and get humiliated! You too Gregory lol. Since Richard will have his dyno up here maybe he'll spin his own rollers uncorrected and we'll see how close to that 1100hp he makes... If you haven't been up here and experienced it then you know jackchit.

W1cked said:
Guys i am going by the actual software that the dynojet uses. I guess all these dyno numbers don't mean a thing because everyone here is an expert.
It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and critizise and judge. Anyone that knows about altitude might join this post and let people know how altitude affects our trucks. Where i come from i am at sealevel. Up here at 4500 ft elevation it is a totally differrent ball game. Oh well I will never win in this site.
Maybe someone can help me make some real power because I don't really know what i am doing.
LOL

The "actual software" dynojet uses for correction factors is applicable for NA applications, but turbochaged turbodiesels(especially those on spray) are not affected NEARLY as much. Ask any diesel guy with any sense. What was your MPH on that 12.02 run? We are not critisizing your rig, just your HP claims. If your truck is as bad as you think it is, You would have beat Tomac. BTW, if you could have easily run low 11's on spray, why not spray your truck past Tomac's 11.5x?