86 Fummins Build

Got my turbo in and mounted up on the truck

Threw the drivers side fender on to check clearances

Modified the core support so the intercooler sits flush in it

Little shopping trip today for piping to build IC pipes, intake, downpipe and exhaust as well as a new aluminum radiator with inlet and outlet on the passenger side, polished overflow tank, fittings, stainless braided line and some pushloc hose

Oil feed made for turbo

Radiator

You have a walkin store that stocks ic tube and all those goodies ? Man i'm jealous lol. Anyway great job bro , you are moving along nicely , and make it look easy ! Thanks for the update ready for more already . Matthew is also my name .

You have a walkin store that stocks ic tube and all those goodies ? Man i'm jealous lol. Anyway great job bro , you are moving along nicely , and make it look easy ! Thanks for the update ready for more already . Matthew is also my name .

Thank you! Yeah there is a Jegs about an hour from me and I got all the piping from a truck supply store there too
Unfortunately I didnt get much done today because I had to make an unplanned trip to firepunk today to get a new sfi flex plate for my king ranch due to a little mishap. All I was able to get done today was get the downpipe made and tacked together and got the 5" pipe mocked up after the downpipe. Just need to cut that to length and tack on my bends for the over axle dump and weld on some hangers and the exhaust is done

Are you gonna Dyno-mat that firewall ? Nice exhaust work I can see your as a.d.d. as i am about detail lol. Its a good thing if you can control it ! Keep us posted . thanks

looks close going along the firewall? hope it dont end up touching and rubbing. thats a horrible vibrating sound

Are you gonna Dyno-mat that firewall ? Nice exhaust work I can see your as a.d.d. as i am about detail lol. Its a good thing if you can control it ! Keep us posted . thanks

It will get some kind of sound deadening. Thanks!

looks close going along the firewall? hope it dont end up touching and rubbing. thats a horrible vibrating sound

The pictures make it look real close from the angles I took them. There is a good two or more inches of clearance between the pipe and firewall. I know how bad a dowpipe rubbing on the firewall sounds and there was no way I was gonna let a downpipe pass on the truck that had any chance of rubbing the firewall.

Jesus man she is a beauty every looking for a diesel tech job in texas lemme know haha

Thanks I appreciate it! Ive always thought about being down in texas lol if I ever relocate Ill look you up

Well unfortunately my king ranch took up my night yesterday with some repairs so I dont have a ton of progress to post but I did get the intercooler pipes made and tacked together. Also got the rest of the exhaust mocked up, just need to cut those sleeve fittings off that look like crap (just used for mockup) on the dump part and then weld the pipes up and all the piping is just about done!

Some firewall clearance pics for reference

Little more for updates

Got the radiator and intercooler mounts built, just need to tig the top mounts on to the radtiator and then its good to.

Got the good p pump mounted and all the throttle linkage ran

Got my internally regulated dodge alterntor and Im gonna have to make a new top mounting bracket so I can use the top entrance for the upper radiator hose

New mounting plate for the top alternator mount cut out on plasma table

Got everything to make the traction bars

Frame mounts cut on plasma table

2" Chromoly tube

Fittings for the ends of the tube

Axle mounts for trac bars

Also worked on pulling the manual parts out of the parts truck

And finally a nice day to have the shop doors open

Friday me and MINK took a trip down to Indy to meet up with my good friend Matt kelly to pick up the good head for the 12v. Has all new valves, guides and seats

And got to work on putting on the new head, but quit early since I had been up for 30 hours straight

Looks great

Thanks!

Got the intercooler and radiator mounted up and the core support installed again, pass fender installed. Mounted the fuel pressure regulator and ran the rest of the lines. Got my new head torqued down and everything put back on the engine. Also got the top alternator mount built.

Also got my non ac belt on and routed leaving plenty of clearance to build my lower radiator hose. Got my grid heater delete, one more return spring for the throttle linkage so it returns properly now.

Alternator mount

Last edited:
More good progress made today,

Got the electric fans mounted, upper radiator hose made. Lower radiator hose will take a little more work, I need to get 3 1 3/4" 90 degree mendrel bends to build it. Boost reference line for the AFC on the p pump made, Proportioning valve mounted and brake lines plumbed, both fuel return lines ran to tank, coolant overflow tank mounted, also got one of the doors completely stripped down and ready for blast. Just about ready for the body to go off to get blasted.

Such a clean , organized , adhd build . It passes my anal screening lol . Are you running a water cooled ata ? Thanks for sharing bro can't wait for more !

Slick build. Got a mfr. and part # for the radiator? Looking for one to fit in my 97 fummins.

looks good, the lower rad hose always seams to be the biggest PITA

Such a clean , organized , adhd build . It passes my anal screening lol . Are you running a water cooled ata ? Thanks for sharing bro can't wait for more !

Thank you! Im just running a 7.3 aluminum endtank IC

Slick build. Got a mfr. and part # for the radiator? Looking for one to fit in my 97 fummins.

Thanks! Its just a dual bypass all aluminum radiator from jegs.

looks good, the lower rad hose always seams to be the biggest PITA

Thanks man! Yeah somehow they never fail to be the biggest pain out of anything, I thought have the inlet to the radiator on the passenger side would make it a little easier, but nope LOL

Awesome build! Someday i want to build an 1985 chevy 3/4 ton with a 12 valve!

Thanks!

Went backwards and stripped a lot of stuff back off, but that was just to get it ready for the next big step. Got the cab completely stripped down and bolted that and the bed to the body cart tonight. Doors and fenders all stripped as well. Tomorrow its all getting loaded up and Im taking it up to get media blasted so it will be ready to start the body work