86 Fummins Build

Looking very nice! Keep it up, you're getting there.

Thank you! Yeah its getting closer, itll be nice once the cab is set on and core support so I can start mocking up piping and everything, that should be next week.

Im heading down to kentucky tomorrow to pick up a rust free 83 bed and tailgate

Went down to kentucky today and picked up my 83 bed from Andy (Dazed&Confused), this thing is in great shape! Cant wait to get it blasted and get the body work started on it

Did you make it back home to some fresh snow? My dad still can't figure out why you went to all that trouble to pull the Powerstroke out of your White truck.:bang:hehe:

Last edited:
Did you make it back home to some fresh snow? My dad still can't figure out why you went to all that trouble to pull the Powerstroke out of your White truck.:bang:hehe:

Oh yeah we had some nice fresh slick snow back here, I couldnt even back the trailer in the barn in 4x4 without jacknifing. Thats funny, Ive had a couple people wonder why I went through all the work to pull the 6.0 out LOL

He doesn't get the whole hot rod diesel thing. Trucks are just for work with him lol. Well glad you got back without issues.

Thats funny, Ive had a couple people wonder why I went through all the work to pull the 6.0 out LOL

I got really used to getting all kinds of good reactions from people when they see my truck, so when I get a bad one, it throws me off. I was standing next to my truck one time while filling up and this guy asked me what kind of engine I had in my truck. I told him I swapped in a 12v Cummins from a 96 Dodge. He said, "why in the hell would you do that?", got in his Dmax, and left.

I got really used to getting all kinds of good reactions from people when they see my truck, so when I get a bad one, it throws me off. I was standing next to my truck one time while filling up and this guy asked me what kind of engine I had in my truck. I told him I swapped in a 12v Cummins from a 96 Dodge. He said, "why in the hell would you do that?", got in his Dmax, and left.

yeah same here, normally if I get a negative comment its from a die hard powerstroke guy who thinks committed a big sin LOL

yeah same here, normally if I get a negative comment its from a die hard powerstroke guy who thinks committed a big sin LOL

Yea same here "Folks be like a dodge motor" I say "Nope its International/cummins hybrid engine wanna see the casting marks"

Yea same here "Folks be like a dodge motor" I say "Nope its International/cummins hybrid engine wanna see the casting marks"

Exactly! My block has nice international castings they can check out as well. The engine in my king ranch may have come out of a dodge but most dont understand that its still not a dodge engine I put in there

Exactly! My block has nice international castings they can check out as well. The engine in my king ranch may have come out of a dodge but most dont understand that its still not a dodge engine I put in there
the guy that ownd the truck before me put cummins emblems on it
I want them removed and have some made that is
EFI
Engine Forced In

That bed is in great shape! Nice score. It never seems to amaze me on what people say when they have no clue. LOL

the guy that ownd the truck before me put cummins emblems on it
I want them removed and have some made that is
EFI
Engine Forced In

Haha I like that!

That bed is in great shape! Nice score. It never seems to amaze me on what people say when they have no clue. LOL

Yeah it is in awesome shape!

Yeah its extremely solid. I'm glad to see Matt putting it to good use instead of it sitting in my barn.

Itll definitely be put to good use.

Made some more progress today:

Cam retainer and new oil pump installed:

Destroked adapter plate installed

Flywheel and clutch installed

Engine in the air

Drivetrain in the air

Drivetrain in

Im gonna go ahead and make a whole new crossmember out of round tube and then I can get the driveline angle down 3 degrees and get the drivetrain centered perfect. Then get the rear driveshaft shortened and the front lengthened. Dont mind how nasty everything looks right now, everything is just getting mocked up and then it will all be torn back down and painted.

Truck looks good!! My cummins in my 72 for has a ford engine I'd plate on it. So when people say that's a dodge engine I say no check this out its a ford engine lol.