86 Fummins Build

Truck looks good!! My cummins in my 72 for has a ford engine I'd plate on it. So when people say that's a dodge engine I say no check this out its a ford engine lol.

Thanks!

No really exciting updates right now. Just got the drive train situated perfectly in the truck as far as driveline angles and sitting within 1 degree of level side to side. Monday will be building the new crossmember.

All new lights for the truck did show up though

My buddy and I got the new crossmember built today. Im really happy with how it turned out.

Plates cut out on the plasma table

Square tubing tacked in

Getting the fitment right

Finished Product

Now the cab is ready to set on to start mocking up piping and everything. Goal is to have everything mocked up and tore back down by february 24th since thats when I scheduled to body to be blasted.

My A-1000 and regulator should be here tomorrow so I can start building the fuel system

Picked up my aeromotive A1000 tonight and regulator. Just need to get filter bases and fittings and start building the fuel system next week

make sure you get the right ORB fitting for that pump, I didn't read all the directions and couldn't figure out why there was a leak lol

make sure you get the right ORB fitting for that pump, I didn't read all the directions and couldn't figure out why there was a leak lol

I should have all the right ones, hopefully no leaks for me lol

Looks like a sweet build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Did some work on the p pump today. The guy I bought the pump from failed to mention that a mixture of coolant and oil went through the governor housing so it was a little bit of a mess. So today I pulled off the governor housing cover and cleaned out the fuel side of the pump as well. I also installed the 191 delivery valves that I traded for the full cuts that were in the pump.

Before cleaning

Cleaned up

Dont mind the ugly green paint, that will be coming off very soon

Also got a big package of fittings today so I can start building my fuel system and other oil feed lines, also got the manual proportioning valve. My filter bases should be in tomorrow

Got some more work done today.

Built the mount for my fuel system out of 1/4" aluminum, it will be polished. Im still waiting on one filter base to show up so that kind of has me held up at the moment. But I have that mounted and the -10 line made from the sump to the water seperator. Im gonna wait to make the rest of the supply line and return lines once the cab is on next week. I also built the oil supply lines for the vacuum pump and p pump

Made some good progress today:

Got the truck back on 4 tires

Then Rolled it outside

Grabbed the 150 frame and brought it inside

Cab ready to pull

Cab off

Cab on the 350 frame

Plenty of firewall clearance

Got a little more done on the fuel system, now that the cab is on I can finish the plumbing and get the holes drilled for the filter bases on the mount

Pulled out the heater box, since Im gonna run one with no AC so it will look a little cleaner and Ill have better clearance for the turbo since I dont want to use the industrial manifold I have

Also got my driveshafts back today

I'd like to come up with something different than the industrial manifold on mine, don't want to ditch air though, I thought about checking into something like a vintage air or similar, not sure yet, have to figure that out when I plumb the compounds.

I'd like to come up with something different than the industrial manifold on mine, don't want to ditch air though, I thought about checking into something like a vintage air or similar, not sure yet, have to figure that out when I plumb the compounds.

Yeah since this truck isnt going to be driven every day I wasnt worried about ditching air for now, like you said when I decide to go back and put air in Im going to go with a vintage air setup. Plus this will leave room for compounds as well

Little more progress.

Cab pretty much completely stripped

7.3 powerstroke brake booster and master cylinder installed for mockup with new stainless steel brake lines. Just need to modify the lines for the rear brakes to attach to the manual adjusting proportioning valve

Powersteering lines done:

Mock up for top heater hose

Core support on:

All new chrome for the front with the custom billet badge

Matt, this is looking great man! I can't wait to see the finished product. Hit me up some time, I would like to come check it out in person.

Great progress ! Moving along nicely !

Thanks!

I need a fitting like that for my heater hose.

Those are just fittings from jegs

Matt, this is looking great man! I can't wait to see the finished product. Hit me up some time, I would like to come check it out in person.

Caleb, long time no talk man! How have things been? and thanks! yeah you should definitely come up some time and check it out! Is your number still the same?