9.55@148mph in Super Street trim

If anyone needs contact info for Steve at commercial powertrain let me know or iam sure dvst8r will PM it too. I work with his son and have been in his tranny shop a few times, the guy is a genius with tranny`s and probably anything mechanical really. Builds the toughest allisons around also!

That is seriously sh1ttin & gettin!
Sweet looking launch and a pretty clean pass. Congrats to all!

It is a 48RE with a manual valve body, built by Steve @ Commercial Powertrain. We have been through lots of piece's to finally start getting it sorted out, but Steve's transmission has not been one of them it has been flawless. At the end of the year last year, we pulled it so Steve could go through it and replace any worn parts, and even the clutches went back in.

As Kevin mentioned it has 3:42's in the axles.

That is impressive! I am assuming truck is around 1500hp or so with the weight and times.

That is impressive! I am assuming truck is around 1500hp or so with the weight and times.

That seems to be the consensus so far in this thread. To be honest we haven't had it on the dyno with the new engine and head. The old one went for 1350whp uncorrected on a mustang dyno, but never put up the mph this one has. Dave@Passenger's head combined with Jeff@Colt's cam dropped us nearly 20psi of boost, with the same settings. Obviously we picked up some power as well.

Thanks for all the congrats!
Couldn't have done it without dvst8r & cummins610.

As well as all the help from my sponsors.

BTW Steve is an amazing transmission guy, he always taunts me as to when i am going to make enough power that will hurt one of his trans, & believe me i have tried.

Thanks again all for the congrats.
Edmonton should be some good racing. Can't wait.

Torrey

That seems to be the consensus so far in this thread. To be honest we haven't had it on the dyno with the new engine and head. The old one went for 1350whp uncorrected on a mustang dyno, but never put up the mph this one has. Dave@Passenger's head combined with Jeff@Colt's cam dropped us nearly 20psi of boost, with the same settings. Obviously we picked up some power as well.

Congrats guys! That's moving! Are you guys running a custom grind or an off the shelf cam?

Congrats guys! That's moving! Are you guys running a custom grind or an off the shelf cam?

Off the shelf, with how limited in rpm the SSR leaves us, we saw no reason to try anything more exotic at this point.

Last edited:
What size rims and tires are those? Who the rim manufacturer?

17" wheels, not sure on the width, or the manufacturer as they pre date my involvement with the truck, the only thing they say on them is ION. M&H Drag Radials 390/40/17.

Congrats Torrey, Brett, Jade good to see all your hard work is paying off. Its was horrible day when we saw the demise of you last engine, to actually running again, stronger than before.:rockwoot:

Very nice times!! What chargers are you running?

S400 & S500, and I am sorry, but I am not willing give out anymore information on them at this time. However if someone were offering up a charger sponsorship I would sing like a bird. LOL