99 FL60 mutt/conversion/repower project build

Getting 6 new tires this afternoon.. 255/70/22.5 g622 rear and uniroyal in the front..
tool box and better signage mounting
12k stamping press heading to San Antonio Texas Delivery Monday am
24172738_10213538219343418_6772696472537590014_o.jpg

Last edited:
Magnets are weak in cold.. used binder clips on my dmax and 16ga sheet metal..
Got MH EBY down the road from me

I like the look of the CM bodies better than the EBY. But I'm sure the CM bodies are quite a bit more expensive.

I've wanted to take a class 8 truck, cut one axle off and put a CM body on it with 22.5 low pros all the way around. Make a cool little "pickup" and be able to handle any load I would ever put behind it with ease.

I've kinda been leaning towards the single axle single hump fender look with decent backpack style headache rack.. truck is at 150"WB roughly 56" CA wouldn't mind another 10-15" of WB any more with would look weird.. stretched and a 9' GN neck doesnt look right lol

This still has juice brakes, redid all the lines 1/4" everything including hoses.. 14 or 15" rotors not sure dual 2.6" in the front and 2.8" dual pistons in the back
Stops extremely well.
This is a legitimate class 6 truck not a derated class 7

I think you are a brave soul for the first shakedown to be clear to texas. I would think a 3-4 hour jaunt in the local area would be worthwhile insurance!

I've got close to 150 miles on it running around locally beating on it too..
Found few things needed tighten up.
Truck pulls 8-10# of boost 6-700° egt on flat ground..peak about 1000°... fan clutch cylces 195/175 need to check diff and trans fluid make sure they are topped off.
Still learning where sweet spot are for shift points..

We're out of trucks and dedicated customer doesnt want someone else hauling it so... I got it

Last edited:
I think you are a brave soul for the first shakedown to be clear to texas. I would think a 3-4 hour jaunt in the local area would be worthwhile insurance!

I was thinking the same thing. Kid here drug a T800 out of the weeds that had been sitting for 2+ years and changed the fluids and drove it from Ohio to Montana. Front wheel fell off when he got there, I like to work the bugs out before I take it very far. Run the dog piss out of it 20mi from home not 1500.

No matter how many bugs you try and find... There's always some that only show up by going down the road.

No matter how many bugs you try and find... There's always some that only show up by going down the road.

Very true but a bug 50mi from home is better than one 1500. I like to haul a couple short loads before venture very far. Friend borrows some of my flatbeds because they're heavy to put a load on trucks to diagnose issues. Bob tailing around 100mi doesn't show as much as pulling the hand valve on a 4 axle trailer with the pedal to the floor.

I wish you luck but no way I'm venturing that far for the maiden voyage. The farther you are away the higher the tow bill home.

Well, heaven forbid you have an issue down there, but there is a "spare" 8.3 in Oklahoma!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes I agree I'd be close than far away.
Probably needs another in-frame again

****, he's swapped engines hundreds of miles from home on the LMM, I'd say there isn't much he wouldn't tackle if it came up. Good luck Adam!

4 Goodyear G622 and two R20 uniroyals in 255/70/22.5 variety.. roughly 31000lb of tires on a 23k truck.. need to make some fenders or I'll loose a rear window..
24068738_10213541921435968_6307985069628917315_o.jpg

Mitch...I did it not once but twice.. :( ..not exactly how I like meeting members off the forums... Or something I like bragging about... For the most part I'd day I'm fairly self reliant

I’m a straight tread kinda guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 Goodyear G622 and two R20 uniroyals in 255/70/22.5 variety.. roughly 31000lb of tires on a 23k truck.. need to make some fenders or I'll loose a rear window..
24068738_10213541921435968_6307985069628917315_o.jpg

Mitch...I did it not once but twice.. :( ..not exactly how I like meeting members off the forums... Or something I like bragging about... For the most part I'd day I'm fairly self reliant

Looks like you need some paint on that hitch, too!

guess something will have to wait...
rear fenders nothing I have easily swaps on
tool box is going on the trailer at for the short time..

need to mount fire extinguisher change oil/filter
get the truck packed ready to go.

guess something will have to wait...
rear fenders nothing I have easily swaps on
tool box is going on the trailer at for the short time..

need to mount fire extinguisher change oil/filter
get the truck packed ready to go.

When are you taking off? Saw delivery was Monday AM (if I read it correctly). j
Just wondering if you were leaving a bit early to give yourself a bit of a "cushion" in case any small issues pop up along the way.