A better street tire

I'm running Yokohama Paradas in 305/50/20 on my street truck, and have been pretty happy with them. Anybody run them on the track?

I ran the proxes2 for 2 years, and now the nitto 420's for 2 years.. The nittos are better all around in my opinion... I run the 305/50/r20's which are 32 in tall..and also have 410's in the rear... Crossing traps around 3750......

I'm in the same boat ...toyo proxies just spin ...I would step down to a 16" wheel if I could get a 30" drag radial but I can't find anything ...blowing the tires off on the freeway at 60-70 mph sucks

I'm considering just changing the rearend to get wheel and tire combos that will work with my truck but , if I change the rearend then I might as well do a mini tub and if I do that I might as well shorten the bed to a 6' box and so on and so on

I'm in the same boat ...toyo proxies just spin ...I would step down to a 16" wheel if I could get a 30" drag radial but I can't find anything ...blowing the tires off on the freeway at 60-70 mph sucks

What does your truck dyno at? Or trap speeds if you don't have hp numbers?

At 650-700, I have no issues with 305/50r20 proxies. Unless there's moisture, then they're dangerous LOL

yeah, that requires all new axles and brakes and all that. Just want a slightly stickier tire for the street!

Not sure what the dyno numbers are , just got it running last week ...it was just being driven lightly with a hurt trans for 5 years ..I can hit my rear calipers with a grinder and put a steel 16" wheel on it , it had been done by others ...m&h drag radial sounds good , toyo proxies I don think will ever really hook good on a 2wd regular cab long bed

Anyone noticed their nitto 420s get really loud road noise?

I wasn't entirly sure if it's a rear end or the tires until today when I found a non-asphfalt road that allowed for 55mph and they got LOUD, like mudder loud. the tread isn't that bad either. Pressures are 30 in the rear and near 50 up front

I wasn't entirly sure if it's a rear end or the tires until today when I found a non-asphfalt road that allowed for 55mph and they got LOUD, like mudder loud. the tread isn't that bad either. Pressures are 30 in the rear and near 50 up front

Is your truck a 4x4 ?

That's probably why you can hook up and I can't ...I just have a 2wd truck

4x4 traction over 30 isn't been a problem. but I'd rather not have to be in 4x4 just to have some "medium speed fun" I guess for lack of a better word. I'd like some more 2wd traction.

What about wheel back spacing ? I need to find a 16" wheel that won't stick out of the wheel well ...I need a 16x10

What about wheel back spacing ? I need to find a 16" wheel that won't stick out of the wheel well ...I need a 16x10

Much wider than stock is going to stick out, and if you run less BS with a wider wheel/tire, you're most likely gonna rub. I'm pretty sure a 10" wide wheel is going to stick out no matter what. Expecially once you get a 12" wide tire on it.

I just want to minimize the sticking out ..the 305/50/20s I have on my truck now stuck out a little but there is 2 inches of room to go in before it hits the frame or wheel well

I just want to minimize the sticking out ..the 305/50/20s I have on my truck now stuck out a little but there is 2 inches of room to go in before it hits the frame or wheel well

I guess you don't have to worry about control arms as much, but you still have to worry about the suspension. What about in the rear, how close are you to the springs/frame?

I run nitto 420's in 305/45/r22 at like 45psi all the way around, they aren't that loud. I generally have music on or sunroof open and don't hear the little tire noise over the wind noise or music. I'm only at 547/1030 in my crew cab short bed 6.4 and they hook pretty well. but guys that are in the 7-1000whp range with 6.4's are all running nitto 420's on either 20" wheels or 22's mine measure out to a 33" tire still same height as stock.