a few questions for you guys

Much more too it than oil. The low voltage system the lb7 had caused the injectors to fail mostly. When they upped the voltage on the next duramax it was fine.

For the 6.0 it can be oil related as the injection system runs off hpo, lb7 and common rail cant be compared...Hence why you should run a lighter weight in the winter for easy startup. I've been around a crap load of 6.0s, injector issues arnt THAT common....

Much more too it than oil. The low voltage system the lb7 had caused the injectors to fail mostly. When they upped the voltage on the next duramax it was fine.

For the 6.0 it can be oil related as the injection system runs off hpo, lb7 and common rail cant be compared...Hence why you should run a lighter weight in the winter for easy startup. I've been around a crap load of 6.0s, injector issues arnt THAT common....

^^^ He beat me to it :)...

I'm not saying there's never been a bad 6.0 injector, but its not an inherent-enough problem to the 6.0 to even warrant consideration when selecting an engine IMHO; studs and EGR yes, maybe HPOP and a few other small things, but again I'll reiterate those issues are much cheaper than a new/rebuilt tranny and alot easier to fix. Also, the average person should be able to fix the 6.0 problems once he/she knows whats wrong - some people may not have the ability and/or equipment to R&R a transmission.

Last edited:
Im glad you understand that, guess changng your oil and using the right stuff to fill it up with is even easier than takinit in for a recall huh? :)

I was refering to this post regarding the lb7. Man you 6.0 guys are edgy hehe

Obviously you've missed the fact that a simple recall fixed the LB7 injector issues.

When was this? My Dads Chevy needs injectors for the fourth time. Im sure he would like this to be the last.

I was refering to this post regarding the lb7. Man you 6.0 guys are edgy hehe

I just don't like Chevys :poke:

Nah, I just get tired of everyone knocking the 6.0 and saying its a lost cause, when it really doesn't take much to make them reliable, and they make good power for such a small engine with a less-than-perfect injection system design...

Back