A Girls RCSB 1/2 Ton 12v

Made our way to Emory today to visit a good friend Jim Jones at Texas Performance Diesel and had Layla's transmission rebuilt. HUGE thanks to Jim for taking the time to do this for us. Were stoked and cant wait to get it in and go for a spin :)

null_zpsf5218119.jpg

null_zps6a3a86a2.jpg

null_zps415326cf.jpg

null_zps6cf7f066.jpg

null_zpsdc88f0c1.jpg

null_zpsd1723d81.jpg

null_zps2d133742.jpg

All that looks really familiar! Like mine was on that stand last month or something!
Jim is a heck of a guy!

All that looks really familiar! Like mine was on that stand last month or something!
Jim is a heck of a guy!

Haha yea some of your parts were still laying around.
Jim is AMAZING with what he does. And thats an understatement :clap::clap:

Like my intermediate shaft that was funkily broke?
And yes.. Good folks those Jones's!

Shaft looked good, but apparently the alignment dowel in the front end, isn't machined in.. And it came out.. Could have been really bad!! Now get that thing together, we have to race now!

Haha we shall see how she drives. Im thinking its going to be a whole new animal compared to what we had before. I think we will be making world finals so she should be all done and laying out by then :) Im super pumped. This truck is coming together slowly but surely but EXACTLY how I planned. Couldnt be happier :) Maybe she will make a few passes down the track at some point ;) My one concern is my rear end. Its the one from the halfton, its held up fine so far but its just a thought in the back of my mind. It may be fine, but at the same time, Im afraid the first time I try to do a boosted launch its going to grenade on me :confused: Thoughts?!?!?

Last edited:
I think this truck is 2wd. If so with that much weight up front and a pretty light rear end you wouldn't get much of a boosted launch without spinning the tires with your current set-up. I doubt you would see rear end breakage.

Back