Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

You guys running old tunes need to run the new stuff on the website. Besides the fact that they run better, and don't surge the software has updates to make certain the module can never overheat itself.

Running those old tunes means you are at risk of allowing the module to hurt itself. I have not made the new tunes mandatory yet but, we are going to and then the overheated boxes are not going to be covered under warranty.

The new tunes are going to give you the same mileage, and more, smoother power. PLus you have to run them to play with custom tuning.

Are you gonna come out with a new 4000 tune? i liked the comp1, it fueled hard to about 3600 and was decently smooth on the lower levels!

I like the new compf tune but it needs a little more down low, and fuel to 3600 or 4000! is there any way to get this? I figure you will say custom but i can't afford the pulse right now

If I make them any more throttle sensitive, or more aggressive then I get to see 1000 emails about how on PL10 at 19% TPS and 1180rpms it makes their truck surge.

If you have a Pulse you can make it as aggressive as you want, and make it fuel as hard as you want.

I cannot put anything out on the website that is not buttery smooth all the way up to PL10 without getting a rash of crap, so it has to be done with Custom Tuning. Even when I put disclaimers up people wanted to just wear me out, so no more tunes on the website unless they are super smooth.

I stacked a smarty tonight, with the new dyno tune and the truck ran like a raped ape (tire shreddin) anyone that is stackin this have any ideas on what levels work well? i ran the ADR 10 ( which i think it needs to stay there) and the smarty on SW8! the truck shut off and i had bleed off the lines to get it to start! Is the Fass 150/150 not enough? do i need to up the pressure a little? (16.5 @ idle)

I stacked a smarty tonight, with the new dyno tune and the truck ran like a raped ape (tire shreddin) anyone that is stackin this have any ideas on what levels work well? i ran the ADR 10 ( which i think it needs to stay there) and the smarty on SW8! the truck shut off and i had bleed off the lines to get it to start! Is the Fass 150/150 not enough? do i need to up the pressure a little? (16.5 @ idle)

I've run that setting, no problems with shut off here. There was a early dyno tune which pulled so much fuel, trucks would shut off. If you'd wait for 10seconds or so, they'd fire back up. You think that truck runs now, get a Pulse....nothing like custom tuning. I prefer Smarty revo sw4 personally.

It was the revo software! but the truck shut off and i had to crack lines to get it to crank!

It was the revo software! but the truck shut off and i had to crack lines to get it to crank!

Did you get off the pedal fast?
Happens to me once in a while when I forget to ease off the pedal after a hard run.
I´ve heard this is a common issue with heavy fueled trucks. The VP44 cavitates for some reason and you have to crack the lines to get it going.
Scared the crap of me first time.

with custom tuning, can you get the high rpms back, comp1 tune would let me peg the tach, new tune will not, I don't have a pulse yet to do any tuning with, just wondering what you would have to do to achieve the 4000 rpm range again

with custom tuning, can you get the high rpms back, comp1 tune would let me peg the tach, new tune will not, I don't have a pulse yet to do any tuning with, just wondering what you would have to do to achieve the 4000 rpm range again

Just turn your fuel stretch down to 1200-1400, only works with the Pulse though. You will sacrifice some lowend power, but rev out higher.

Did Quad ever offer the rebate or discount to the guys that bought the ADR before the pulse came out? I know it was talked about(like 6 months ago).

You air locked the pump. It has nothing to do with the fuel supply to the pump. You can have a 1000gph pump feeding the VP and it'll still do it sometimes. Some trucks do it, some don't. Never figured out why it's random.

Yup. The pump cavitates and air locks. It freaking sucks.

how can i prevent it from happening? not roll out of it quick or are there certain settings only to run? I figure if i was drag racing with those tunes as soon as i let out of it it would do it too shifting gears! you could here it sucking from the FASS like you were installing a vp or something! how can i make the FASS run all the time with the key on, or i guess i could put it on a switch?

Roll outta the throttle. If your pulling, push the clutch in and rev it a couple times and bring it down slowly.

Did you get off the pedal fast?
Happens to me once in a while when I forget to ease off the pedal after a hard run.
I´ve heard this is a common issue with heavy fueled trucks. The VP44 cavitates for some reason and you have to crack the lines to get it going.
Scared the crap of me first time.

Scared the crap outta me the first time (and only time) it happend to me... It was my first time at a drag track, first time with new injectors and turbo, and my second pass down the track... Jumped off the pedal and it shut down... Then I remembered reading about the air lock thing... bled off one inj. line and it popped right off...

Back