Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

Has he released this to the mass public yet? Last I heard it was still in the beta phase.

stack

Anybody run the tune with out timing stacked with smarty timing?

I tried the 1000c tune that was no timing (I believe) and Smarty #5 with all parameters on default and the truck didn't like it. Don't know if it was the tune or not but it surged baaaaaaad. Was wondering if anyone has tried like the 2000 tune that has the pulse and set the timing to stock and stacked the Smarty on any of the odd numbers? I don't have a pulse so I can't try it..............Brad

I have issues... i think. Today my truck was running alright with the adrenaline and was making lots of smoke, then i came home and decided i wanted to give the dyno tune a try to see how much it smoked. Well i loaded the tune and went out and drove around, and it smoked about as much as stock, and didn't add much power over stock. So i was thinking i did something wrong. So i came back home and loaded the 3000 tune, the tune i HAD been running before i loaded the dyno tune, and the same results on the smoke, but made WAAYYY more power than it did before. So i was thinking maybe quad updated their tunes to be not so smokey. So i loaded a tune, ADR2000 i think.., that i had run a while ago (I still had it saved on my computer) that was pretty smokey and i just got back in from doing a test run with it and didn't smoke much more than stock either.

I know some people will be like "why do you want smoke?" and "smoke is stupid" and stuff like that, but i'm 16 and you know the way 16 yr. olds are ;).

Anyways, i'd just like to have my smoke back, and was wondering if any of you knew how :).

Thanks in advance.

-Drew

There have been a few that have done that. Last I heard it was a beta box only problem and the production units have been fixed.

yeah that seems to be the story, i bought my box before they even came out so your probably right.... the customer service is pretty good, shipped my box back for a new one (warranty)

seems quad should issue a recall on early boxes prone to fires! BEFORE someones truck/family burns!

Mine was a newer box and it burned. THey sent me another one and it had the same parts inside as the one that burned

they explained to me that it was an ecm voltage overload and it only burned up because the early boxes didnt have the software to counteract the overload...... the new boxes have the software

He has fixed the issue & made changes to the boards. I just got my new beta box yesterday. Surge, shudder free. Unbelieveably smooth to say the least. Another tester has mach 6.5's & running this new box on pl10 with no surge. Just hang in there guys, the problems are fixed!!!!!!

I can run mine on whatever power level I want with my mach 6.5's and I cant remember the last time it surged. I had an older box sent it back due to a small problem and Quad sent me a brand new one no questions asked. All I know is this thing gets with it!

Ok so I have seen the video of your truck cummins724 turning 4k no problem. What tunes were you using to get that rpm? And will the comp tunes fuel to 4k on all power levels or only the upper ones? I was thinking the fueling was relative to the level but I don't know. I want to be able to free rev to 4k just so I can say my truck will :hehe: oh and for pullin season next year:evil

I have started seeing a new code P0219 according to my snap on scanner is says crank position sensor overspeed, I guess it does that at over 4200, I run the comp1 tune, smarty on #8 with old tune in smarty, not REVO, stock HO pump, big sticks and a small 64/14 hybrid, 5th gear at that rpm is almost 110mph,:Cheer:

Ok so I have seen the video of your truck cummins724 turning 4k no problem. What tunes were you using to get that rpm? And will the comp tunes fuel to 4k on all power levels or only the upper ones? I was thinking the fueling was relative to the level but I don't know. I want to be able to free rev to 4k just so I can say my truck will :hehe: oh and for pullin season next year:evil

I used Smarty revo sw8 with duration on 5, stacked with ADR pl 03-07.

Back