Air Dog Dead?

D45

Well.......I am not sure, but I think my Air Dog 150 pump died???????!!!!!!!!!

Over the last two weeks, it has sounded a little louder than normal/average

Last night, I go inside to start it up.............none of the typical "motor hum" or bussing noise, completely dead quiet

It still started and fired right up, without a hiccup........and drove 40 miles home, no problems

The Air Dog 150 was installed March 2009 with 69,000 miles

The truck currently has 98,850 miles on it

Other than look at the fuse and feeling the pump (plus not hearing it), any definitive way to tell or test that it isn't working?

Will the CP3 pull enough fuel to make it start and run fine, if the pump is dead?

Pull the feed line off the cp3 and turn key on to see if its moving fuel. If mot check pump motor, fuse & relay with a meter or test light. Pretty straight forward. They either work or they dont.

good luck,hope they don't decide to loose the warranty card, imho bunch of greedy people there now.

mine quit a year ago. noticed motor was louder than normal for a few weeks and then all the sudden it quit. tested for power at the motor and had power there. to bad i had to pay for a new motor! expensive little things that dont last.

I have got the same problem. My AirDog 150 died and i took the motor off and took and got it tested and it was working. Ive checked fuses, wiggled wires, and soon as you bump the key to let it prime up there is no sound at all. Please help ive gotta get this fixed asap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I checked the fuse in the wiring harness and the 20A blade fuse was blown

Is this the only fuse?

Some have two fuses, the load side fuse, the key on/run fuse I believe ,and one relay.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Any idea where the other may be located?

Are they both blade fuses?

I found the relay......

good luck,hope they don't decide to loose the warranty card, imho bunch of greedy people there now.

Get over yourself mikmaze. Nobody throws anybodies warranty cards away.

Any of you having an issue are welcome to email me with your problem and I'll help you out on the issue. This will ensure I don't forget about this thread.

areams@pureflowairdog.com

Last edited:
Mike, I agree their service is terrible. It took them two days to get my warranty pump out to me. They didn't even bother to ask me a bunch of dumbass questions and run me around. How hard is it to send in a warranty card?

Mike, I agree their service is terrible. It took them two days to get my warranty pump out to me. They didn't even bother to ask me a bunch of dumbass questions and run me around. How hard is it to send in a warranty card?

In his defense. He swears he sent it. And it's not that I don't believe anyone who says that. But people that run around pissing and moaning about it blaming AirDog is bs. There is no f'ing reason for AirDog to throw a card out. Especially someone I know for a fact is on the forums. Call usps and run them through the mud. Cause nobody at AirDog f'ed you mikmaze. Or state it was lost in the mail by usps. Not imply AirDog trashed it upon your pump going bad you cry baby. Your no better than the 16 year old spoiled kid running his mouth on cummins forum. Oh you do it there too I believe...

Last edited:
I have had 3 I've installed this year go out. I checked out the motors and the brushes worn down on 1 side because a spring was missing which ate up the armeture

I have had 3 I've installed this year go out. I checked out the motors and the brushes worn down on 1 side because a spring was missing which ate up the armeture

Was it wet? How about a serial number? I'll check to make sure it's not an updated/current pump. And they were all 3 like that?

I wish Airdog would of thrown my warranty card away. Would of saved me from swapping out a crap pump for a crap pump.

Back