Air Dog Dead?

how long did your factory lift pump last D? Did it ever give you trouble?? How long has that ad been in there/ nuff said.

You Amaze me Anthony
LOL you think my word of mouth disease is the problem... Why don't you continue to troll around and relay all your info from the forums back to Charlie like you have for years to make yourself look important nut swinger... When you do tell him I said hello and hope all is well.

Last edited:
how long did your factory lift pump last D? Did it ever give you trouble?? How long has that ad been in there/ nuff said.

The canister mount LP died at 32,000 miles and was replaced under warranty with the retro fit in tank version...when it died, it left me stranded

Atleast with the current setup I am able to drive it

I have been speaking with Jeremy about the fuse popping issues

A new AD motor is being sent out today

Yes, they DID HAVE my warranty card on file

Good deal. Glad the issue will be resolved. You will love the new pump.

The canister mount LP died at 32,000 miles and was replaced under warranty with the retro fit in tank version...when it died, it left me stranded

Atleast with the current setup I am able to drive it

Wow, yours lasted longer than mine. It died around 24,000 miles...LOL

Replacement AD motor arrived today

Been very pleased with the customer service

Hope to get it installed on Friday and the core returned for a refund the same day

Motor is probably filling with diesel and shorting it, take the pump out and test it on the bench but pumping some sort of fluid. Id bet the seal went bad...

I'm a bit late here but this is what happened to mine. Seal went bad in between the motor and gerrator IIRC. New motor and all is good again.

Installed the new motor assembly this morning

Very easy to R&R and it is SO MUCH quieter than the old motor

No more fuses popped.........core shipped back to Pureflow

I am a happy customer, thanks AD!

Wonder why the new oring shape

2009 = round

2013 = square

I'm a bit late here but this is what happened to mine. Seal went bad in between the motor and gerrator IIRC. New motor and all is good again

Yeppers...
Nothing like using the paying customers for doing your R&D work,its poor business.

Anthony...
You proved your status around here when you removed yourself as a vendor in a vain attempt to not allow the heat given to you to reflect on the company that employs you.It pissed me off when I was used a a R&D subject from the last companies pumps that kept failing and now again,I find out your company,who continuously boast of a much superior product,are using the paying customer(unsuspecting truck owners who pay for your product with ZERO knowledge of them being a R&D subject)to do the same.Yep,I contacted Charlie and YES I paid for the pump on my truck from him.Its a shame an owner has to go elsewhere after paying $635 for a Diesel RX ADII DF-165 that had a motor failure on the pump with less than 10,000 miles on a truck that never sees bad weather.Imagine my surprise when the motor was removed and it poured fuel out out of it.It has the SAME failure issue that the 5 FASS pumps on my 12v had and that one failed at least once a year until the truck was sold.I was NOT going to deal with your ****ed up product anymore and went for an opinion from someone much more knowledgeable than you,get over it.The replacement motor for my AD is here and imagine to my surprise a redesigned deal and it will be sold soon so someone else can deal with your ****ed up product and your piss poor customer service.

Electrical failures happen,there is not getting around that period.HOWEVER,failures due to a poorly designed unit should not have to happen nor be the owners issue that made a good faith purchase trying to better their truck.That reflects poorly on your company and you can say whatever you want,word of mouth kills more companies and the word about your companies products numerous failures is reaching a feverish pitch.

I've never had an issue with AD pumps until this past wknd. Seal between motor and pump side failed and filled the motor case with fuel. I was able to borrow a pump from a friend and get home. I called AD yesterday and explained the issue. They sent out a new pump immediately with no questions asked or hassles. I even admitted that I had not sent in my warranty card. I have no complaints with their customer service.

Sent from my paperweight

Not going to ***** over $23.00, but then again ...........

The motor failed and was covered under warranty

I paid $323.00 for a core charge

They refunded me $300.00

Sorry, I don't feel that a customer should have to pay for shipping fees (I assumed this is the additional $23.00) because the part was defective, failed, and was covered under warranty.........

They could have told you they lost the card,

Warranty is usually implied you pay shipping. No matter what company it is.

Not going to ***** over $23.00, but then again ...........

The motor failed and was covered under warranty

I paid $323.00 for a core charge

They refunded me $300.00

Sorry, I don't feel that a customer should have to pay for shipping fees (I assumed this is the additional $23.00) because the part was defective, failed, and was covered under warranty.........

I'd say eat the $23.00 and be glad they sent you a new pump. bif

I am definitely pleased and happy with the customer service and new replacement motor

But it would have been nice to know there was an added cost and it was not a free part

Hello everyone, first time poster. Dont want to hijack this thread but didnt think I should start a new one on the same problem. I have an Airdog FP80, one of the first ones to come out I think. It has been installed for years but only has about 30,000 miles on it.
Well the other day the truck wouldnt start, didnt see fuel pressure on the gauge and didnt hear the pump. Fuse was blown, replaced it and it blew again. Took it apart today after reading through this thread and you could not turn the pump. I popped out the "star gear" and bearing, the rod was pretty stiff. Just for fun I took it back to the truck and plugged it in, when the key was turned on the rod spun a few seconds and stopped, did it again and same thing. I assume that is normal with pressurization sequence or something? Put the bearing and gear back in, turned key on, couldnt see anything, couldnt hear anything, couldnt feel anything but the fuse did not blow. Even when the rod turned with the pump apart it didnt make hardly any noise but I'm pretty sure its not working even though the fuse didnt blow again. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, I did jumper the red and yellow wires before I took it apart and the pump did not turn on. When I took the "star gear" out there was some fine scoring in the race, I'm assuming it just jammed up again.