Air Dog Dead?

...........anyways, where can I find a new relay, any auto part shop?

Anything unique or special about this relay?

bring the old one with you, they might be able to match it up, do not go lower in amperage rating.

reading this over again pisses me off, I kept all the goings on behind the scenes until I gave your company every chance to make good. Do I piss and moan about it now? you're fukin right I do, and you step right up and show people how you treat some customers.

I stepped right up because you implying we threw your card away is bs and is saying I'm a liar and not to trust me directly! If you want to go around and say an airdog is a piece of chit and this that and the other. That's fine. I have no issue at all with that. But running around implying we lied to you and made your card disappear is wrong. Which is why you got the response from me you did. So why don't you head on over to cumminsforum with that crap. Cause I don't care if it made you mad or not.

Just sayin...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_KPchhGLq8"]step brothers hairy balls song - YouTube[/ame]

Fuse replaced.......popped within 2 seconds

Replacing the relay and cleaning the gerotor area today

New relay: BW R3112 for $10

New 20A fused.....popped again

Took off the gerotor cover and it looked brand new

Took it apart and cleaned it anyways

The motor shaft was pretty hard to turn by hand, but it did turn

Put it back together and installed a new fuse

Popped again!

Installed a new $15 fuel filter

Installed new fuse

Popped again

Installed old relay....new fuse also

Popped again

So I have about $30 in parts invested and it is still not working

Found my serial number and I will have to call AD on Monday for hopefully a new motor?

You've been told to get a DVOM and figure out to use it.
Keep throwing parts at it though. It will burn eventually.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

You have a dead short. The easiest thing to find. Unplug the motor, replace the fuse, turn on truck, and see if the fuse still pops? If so, you have a bad motor.

Motor is probably filling with diesel and shorting it, take the pump out and test it on the bench but pumping some sort of fluid. Id bet the seal went bad...

Fuel is a weak conductor. It may be loading when pumping, but that would be a bad bearing structure creating that issue.

That also wouldn't be instantaneous.

You have a dead short. The easiest thing to find. Unplug the motor, replace the fuse, turn on truck, and see if the fuse still pops? If so, you have a bad motor.

Thanks for the tip

Fuel is a weak conductor. It may be loading when pumping, but that would be a bad bearing structure creating that issue.

That also wouldn't be instantaneous.

Happened to me twice, didnt have warranty so i just fixed it myself, that wa the problem every time, my fuse would pop right a way.

Well I definately have warranty..... I vividly recall filling out the card and sending it in

Hopefully Pureflow takes care of me

Do not waste your money on those pieces of **** pumps!!! I've replaced 12 motors on mine in the past year, and living in Canada waiting and paying for shipping is brutal! My last new updated motor lasted all of about to weeks and not even a tank of fuel! GARBAGE!! I just put a FASS on my Ford Cummins and works great with no issuse!

I just called them with my serial no: they did send a new motor everytime.. I threw the warranty card out but shipping was costly due to where I live

I unplugged the motor from the wiring harness, installed a new fuse and started the truck

The fuse did not blow.........gotta be the motor?

Was it wet? How about a serial number? I'll check to make sure it's not an updated/current pump. And they were all 3 like that?

Hmmm...
Sounds like a case of using their customers to do their R&D work for them,just like the other company did for the last few years.It amazes me how people get treated when they have to deal with AD and their warranty department.When Charlie had control of the small diesel engine market issues like this did not happen.

The ADII DF165 that was on my truck that failed miserably and could not maintain pressure under load had only been on My truck for a couple years and had less than 10,000 miles on it and no bad weather driving at all to compromise the electrical parts as the truck sits when its a bad weather day.Guess it finally got exchanged but I will part ways with it and move on to a company whose CS Rep cares about their customers and doesn't talk schitt to them on a open forum.

You Amaze me Anthony,you get yourself removed as a rep of that company here so you can speak your mind,but still represent them on all the other boards.What they should do with you is send your azz packing before your chitty attitude creates a word of mouth disease that kills AirDog/Diesel RX.