Alldiesels Vs. Duke1N

Who do you think will win?

• Alldiesels in the 6.0

Votes: 67 59.8%
  • Duke1n in the Cummins

Votes: 45 40.2%

• Total voters
Lockers huh. Won't that be fun on the street? You figuring 900hp out of that setup?

duke1n said:
Lockers huh. Won't that be fun on the street? You figuring 900hp out of that setup?

ever hear of ARB?
fine on the street fine on the strip:shake: :shake:

Uh oh so now he's adding weight by carrying around a compressor lol

Yeah, I looked into them. Was told by a reputable shop the Dodge posi would be plenty and I could restack the clutches if I wanted it real agressive.

For all of the
rarara.gif
going on in this thread, I really hope a race occurs.
83374le.gif

duke1n said:

not an issue at all... if ya know how to drive, that could be a problem for you:stab: :ford:

duke1n said:
Uh oh so now he's adding weight by carrying around a compressor lol

Yeah, I looked into them. Was told by a reputable shop the Dodge pos wouldnt be plenty and I could restack the clutches if I wanted it to work.

you DO know that a viair 400c weighs in at a whopping 8lbs right? :owned:
dont believe me? link to viair

oh, and i fixed your post for ya....

Last edited:
duke you will need a locker in the front, the posi in the rear will be fine. and i say leave the suspension pretty much alone and keep the 4x4. you need it with the excab. i did 2wd on my little truck because i knew i was cutting it down to a short bed. and i have a set of 33x10.5w sitting in the shed for the track.

What are your 60's times GR? What is your experience with the trade off between having 4wd to launch with vs less parasitic drag on the top end running 2wd? It seems to me that Greg is able to put down some pretty good 60' times with ProjectX. I think running softer springs and moving as much weight behind the rear axle would help sit it down and hook up pretty good with slicks.

your problem is you will have a nice tall truck with the aero of a brick. there just doesn't seem to be a good way to lower your truck in the front. i still thing a good fab guy could cut and drop a c/c axle pretty well. the soft springs are not what is making X launch as well as it does, it is the cal track bars that make it happen. even if you do go 2wd and lower it as much as you can in the front, i think the aero will cost you more on the big end than the 4x drag. i helped greg one evening putting X together and i know wes very well. he did the 1.69 sixty in it. i would like to be at the track one day as see how repeatable that # is. i think it would be hard to repeat, but this is jmho. and i still have not took the little truck to the track. we did bolt the slicks on it and play with it at the house but after a few burn out and one good launch it went right through second gear like it wasn't there. but i hope to have a decent vb in it soon. this stupid poverty thing keeps getting in the way. and i am trying to buy some land outside texas creek up there in your neighborhood. and i am still in the processe of building my shop at the house.

That is a neat area down there. We sled right up the road from there near Tin Cup out of St Elmo.

I agree the Caltracs help it launch but he also took out most of the leafs too. It's a combination of softer springs to help it sit down and then the tracs to stabilize the axle IMHO.

As far as aeros... I don't think any peekemup truck is much more than a brick lol. You're right regarding top end drag of a brick compared to spinning the front driveline.

squarting the rear of a drag car is just a waste of hp, you want it to launch straight out. it is the same for a rock crawling rig, if it goes up or down with the aplication of throttle, some thing is designed wrong. we used to think that a car on a dirt track with the rear all squated down was working well. much has been learned since those days of ignorance. if you look at all the tuned cars and trucks leave you will notice the rear end stays in about the same place as the frontend rises and transferes the weight. or you could just put the nose sky high, drop the back and and get the old gasser trash look. it is one of my favorites.

gunracer1 said:
squarting the rear of a drag car is just a waste of hp, you want it to launch straight out. it is the same for a rock crawling rig, if it goes up or down with the aplication of throttle, some thing is designed wrong. we used to think that a car on a dirt track with the rear all squated down was working well. much has been learned since those days of ignorance. if you look at all the tuned cars and trucks leave you will notice the rear end stays in about the same place as the frontend rises and transferes the weight. or you could just put the nose sky high, drop the back and and get the old gasser trash look. it is one of my favorites.

yeaap... you want just the right amount of anti-squat.... too little is wasted energy through your suspension... too much creates axle hop..

4 links are easy to achieve better bite (anti-squat) than a leaf BUT you can change it some by changing the height of your spring hanger, i cant recall for sure but i can look it up,i think it is if you lower your rear shackle it will increase bite (anti-squat)

ive ran my rock crawler with a high percentage of anti-squat and it crawled great but when throttle was needed it made the vehicle uncontollable. to little sqaut and it could not climb jack....

imho 2wd trucks would gain a ton from a properly built adjustable 4 link system... you could dial in for hook up just by changing you link geometry at the track...

your welcome duke..... Robert is still gonna whoop ya though:poke:

Best deal for a leaf sprung racer is to get yourself a set of Calvert Racing Caltracs...... They help take a bite outta wheel hop and spring wrap-up.

For statistical purposes I can tell the site admins and advertisers that there are exactly 42 Ferd owners on Comp D lol. That's not much of a customer base but since they're all dreamers and voted for a slowa$$ Ferd that sounds like green apple splatters(thx RD lol), I would bet you could sell them just about anything.

How about some ocean front property in Kansas boys and girls? A yellow brick road is included as well.

I would say how much fun it will be when the whoopin is complete and all 42 of ya's are brought back to the painful slow Ferd reality but, I'm worried that some of you may do something rash. Please hide the knives, guns, and any other weapons on that day. Also, for god's sake don't beat up on the wife or kick a hole in the side of the mobile home. Please!

as of right now, your truck is still slow :hehe: . maybe some of us would reconsider had you actually run on the 1/4 and not just talked on the internet?:kick: :doh:
if i actually had reason to believe your truck was faster than robbie's sick leaker, i probably would. :stab:
the cumminGs is not enough reason to believe you are faster. stranger things have happened than a 6.0 beating a cummins, such as my beating a chipped duramax with a 7.3.

cstroked said:
the cumminGs is not enough reason to believe you are faster. stranger things have happened than a 6.0 beating a cummins, such as my beating a chipped duramax with a 7.3.

What was it hyperteched :hehe:

Back