and yet another injector question.....

DIESEL POWER said:
wow, that sounds like my first time trying to get injectors from F1, way before i dealt with II. since then i have found the right company, www.industrialinjection.com they are the best i have used.

With all the problems you hear about II injectors and CP3's, I think it's best to just stay clear.

F1 seems to have the most satisfied customers and the strongest tips available. That's the only injector I would think about putting in my truck.

JustinR said:
With all the problems you hear about II injectors and CP3's, I think it's best to just stay clear.

F1 seems to have the most satisfied customers and the strongest tips available. That's the only injector I would think about putting in my truck.[/QUOTE

do you have any proof to support you statement?

i personally have yet to see anything bad come from II, but i've only done 30k worth of bussiness with them,and have several satisfied customers across the nation what would i know.........

let me guess your from DTR........LOL

That's strange I haven't heard anything neg. about II sticks. I do have a set of DON M's that are leaking. I am sorry. three sets. I thought DON'S had top secret tips on them? These have bosch tooling marks on the inside? Someone please clarify.

sootman said:
That's strange I haven't heard anything neg. about II sticks. I do have a set of DON M's that are leaking. I am sorry. three sets. I thought DON'S had top secret tips on them? These have bosch tooling marks on the inside? Someone please clarify.

Don does use stock tips... here's a part of an email send to me through Rip from Don.....

On the 04.5 through 07 ( 5.9 ) we use the stock nozzle with many
>modifications including EDM, honing, and special grinding of the
>needle and seats. In limited cases like drag racing or sled
>pulling ( i.e. not high mileage ) we are using a custom nozzle that is
>more powerful than a stock modified nozzle, but currently does
>not have the long term durability on high pressure scenerios. Many
>people with the crazy pressure boxes, rail caps, and so forth will chew
>up the current custom nozzle.

The guys that sent me these sticks were all under the impression they got injectors from NASA. Very disappointed consumers. Honesty is a great policy. :doh:

triton said:
Don does use stock tips... here's a part of an email send to me through Rip from Don.....

On the 04.5 through 07 ( 5.9 ) we use the stock nozzle with many
>modifications including EDM, honing, and special grinding of the
>needle and seats. In limited cases like drag racing or sled
>pulling ( i.e. not high mileage ) we are using a custom nozzle that is
>more powerful than a stock modified nozzle, but currently does
>not have the long term durability on high pressure scenerios. Many
>people with the crazy pressure boxes, rail caps, and so forth will chew
>up the current custom nozzle.

What about the tips for the 03-04 trucks? I was under the impression that the tips were new blanks that were made from a better material that could withstand higher pressures.

The Flux spraying holes are formed on a new, blank nozzle with the most accurate EDM machining available.They utilize a steel alloy made to withstand very high accumulator pressures and high temperature. Flux injectors have been tested to over 39,000 PSI in sled pulling and drag racing trucks with zero crack failures for an 18 month period.

I know of someone in this tread that has cracked more injector bodies with industrial injection injectors than all the guys combined on the TDR website.

Green04HO said:
What about the tips for the 03-04 trucks? I was under the impression that the tips were new blanks that were made from a better material that could withstand higher pressures.
Angelo, they are. How else would he have gotten the 5 hole pattern finstead of the 7 whole that comes stock? Some of these guys make it sound as though blank tips are not available. I can assure you they are! Anyone heard of the Bosio tips? Funny thing was a year ago when Don was toting his blank nozzles, everyone of the competitors said there was NO WAY he could get his hands on blank nozzles. Now that they have finally found a source themselves, they have stopped talking all that nonsense. SO II guys, do you still want to say they are not available?

Thats also like the cam blanks that everyone said was regrinds. Remember that one too? A couple guys on here got owned for that one LOL LOL LOL

Cracked injector bodies are from stacking pressure boxes. I have NEVER seen a cracked CR nozzle. What is stronger than tongstun????? There ain't no special alloy in or on a Dong M Injector tip. I bet II, Extrude Hone, and Don M haven't seen a cracked nozzle either.

SootMan,

Who is this mysterious customer with leaking injectors? Why am I not hearing from someone? If there is a problem we need to know about it and get it cleared up. Remember that nozzles will essentially never leak externally on a CR and the nozzle is the part we replace/sell. Any companies injectors can leak from the body ( injector holder ) internally from the check ball and seat area or in other internal locations.

Connector tubes do NOT need to be changed unless they are damaged. We check return rates daily using old connector tubes that have probably been used 300 or more times each before they require replacement. The replacements are required from squeezing the tubes tip down to a diameter that is too small, not from sealing problems. We can generate injector pressures here that will exceed anything the market is currently running. 35,000 plus PSI. No leaks from tubes sealing.

Lets clear up who gets what in nozzles and why as of now:

All 03 and early 04 injectors get a new custom nozzle. Not a stock nozzle. This is because the stock nozzle is in no way a performance design and could never provide a HP number from these engines, no matter how much it is modified. Repalcement is mandatory if you want to make high power. Most feel the 03-04 engine is at a performance disadvantage to the newer, but we only need to look at Richard Browns 03 trucks ( plural ) making over 1200 HP with 1 turbo and nitrous. This is the highest CR engine in the country now.

The 04.5-07 600 and 610 engines get either a new custom nozzle or we use a stock, highly modified nozzle. This is depending on how the truck is used and what the goal is. Hardcore HP junkies will typically get a custom nozzle but not in all cases. Mileage and pressure curves are the criteria we use to determine who gets what. The stock part for the 04.5 and up engines is a great piece. I have maintained this since the first engines were released. Actually we had the first stab at the 600 engine injectors long before any other company thanks to a special relationship with OEM's. The stock part, properly modified is a great starting point and works very well. To better the stock part we needed to reduce the form compared to the stock part. This works great for performance, but it killed us on long term durability when guys had their pressure curves set up to aggresively i.e. pressure boxes, modified pumps, dual pumps, rail return caps or combinations of all those things. Several things were at play to reduce the durability. 1) 50% more duty cycle on the injector with the extra injection event. 2) much higher stock not to mention modified pressure curves on these engine VS the 03-04's. 3) and the release of the modified CP's that run pressure curves higher.

The reduced form of the custom nozzle was just not stable enough in this enviro for long term use. So, we began to modify the stock nozzle with EDM, special grinding and hydro erosion techniques to get the best performance we could and the lasting durability of the dual guided stock nozzle. lets face it, light weight helps performance of all parts, but too light was spelling trouble when the pressure junkies were capping rails and so forth.

Unfortunantly we have many more hours of work and much higher costs in the special processing we do to the stock part VS the custom. This caused a huge backlog while tooling and machining parameters were being set up.

The highly modified nozzles work very well and are a great compromise between long term durability and bleeding edge. Nearly of our high powered trucks now run them. Some still run the customs.

6.7 trucks get both a modified stock nozzle for low power and a custom nozzle for high power use. We have a 6.7 over 1K in HP now.

Guys want to use their trucks for daily driving and go hundreds of thousands of miles without worries of when the injectors will crap out. They also want to make as much clean power as possible. Having the same goals, puts us in the same plane.

Why do we want your injectors for assembly? Why wont we sell nozzles only?

It is simple. The CR injectors are not the old robust things we all had in the early days with the 12 and 24's. They leak internally, externally and are failing at alarming rates. For this we test each injector. Set up the opening pressure, make cetain nothing is leaking and repair these problems if needed.

All injectors are now fully tested for pressure, return rates, injected quantity averaged over 1000 shots/cycles. This insures they are working perfectly when they leave. We test at 25,000 PSI and can go higher if needed.

Selling a nozzle set would be so much easier for us VS fully testing. Much less shipping headaches, tracking numbers, shipping cost, rushing to make deliveries on time, etc. No more concerns over leaking injectors. If we just distributed nozzles the leaking and inoperable injectors would be the customers problem. Hard starts, long starts, goofy rail pressures, high FCA duty cycles would all be someones elses problem. In the end, that would only make our bottom line larger while the customer is left scratching his head why his truck wont make power, gets crap economy, etc.

Our procedure minimizes troubles by finding and repairing leaks before you ever install them. The retaining nuts get the proper torque, the internal leaks get a proper repair and any all bad parts can be replaced before they leave. We have had to repair new injectors with as little as 7000 miles on them. It simply it is not advisable to swap on nozzles.

Sure it is more costly and time consuming for all of us. We make no money on repairs when it is said and done. We have more time, energy, and parts costs than we can ever make up by charging what we do for a complete injector rebuild. Its 25% of what is costs to buy a new one and our parts are no cheaper to purchase than anyone elses.

If anyone has a leaking injector, a misfiring injector or a problem after they receive them from us, it can almost always be reduced to installation error, dirty installers getting yukkies in the system, crap fuel, algae, etc.

Hope this helps,

Don~

They tell me they have tried to contact you many times. I am not giving out names. I am pop testing the injectors this weekend. I believe so far that the sticks are leaking because of feedtube's not sealed properly to bodies. Could be because of damage,high pressure, dirt,etc... Like I said before I am unbiased, but the guys were told by someone( maybe one of your dealers) that they were getting something exotic. Miss information is definately going around on CR sticks. I appreciate the article you posted. It should help alot of guys make a informed decision on the injectors.

Last edited:
All of our injectors are sold through a dealer network. We gladly repair issues on injectors. Even issues we did not cause. Be it foreign material in the fuel system problems ( mostly algae ) and cleaning out the gunk, cotton particles from shop rags, etc.

We can fully disassemble them, clean them, reassemble, and test on a proper bench.

I dont know how you are pop testing a CR injector, but if you do not have the hugely expensive equipment to pop test a CR injector properly you could casue much more harm than good. Anyone who thinks the nozzles are made from tungsten adds more concern for me from a lack of general knowledge standpoint.

If you could give me the persons name who purchased these injectors I can look up exactly what injector they were given, the flow rates, the return rates, the nozzle used ( be it a custom or modified stock ) the serial number or the injector body and the complete run down and print out from the bench.

I cant fix problems for people who wont reveil who they are. I need some information.

Earlier you stated you had 3 customers with my injectors and all of them were leaking. I have not heard from even one of them. Why not? We are here all day, as well as 5 dealers and most are open as we are on Saturday.

Why is it a secret who is having trouble?

Until I hear from you or them, IMO, it is looking like a construct from someone with an axe to grind.

After that explaination, I'm definately going with DonM's sticks in the future. I want/need that piece of mind that everthing possible has been done to insure that my injector is done right the first time. I appreciate Don's honesty. I too, thought the injector tips were a different material (stronger). I see that is an option, though possibly not the best for all situations.
Thanks

It can be confusing. The 03-04 custom nozzles will outlast the stock nozzles the engines came with and will deal with all conditions of pressure and heat much better. We have customers with over 100,000 miles on their custom nozzles and injectors we rebuilt. I have recently learned that we have 75K miles on a set of custom 05 nozzles too, but he does not use pressure boxes and has a stock CP3.

The custom 04.5 and up stuff we built first are skeletonized/reduced to a point that pressure fluctuations just beat the heck out of them. There is no way that we could ever convince people to drop pressure in favor volume and duration. We tried that in the early days and were largely ignored. So the best policy seemed to be to work within a bracket of what everyone was doing. The stock nozzle is double guided. Our custom nozzle was not. The dual guided needle in the stock nozzle is heavy and clumsy and not as fast acting as the single guide we used. The single simply fails from the pressure rocking the needle in the nozzle body. The single guide style is higher performing and will smoke less per HP and flow rate, but wont last much past 40K with high pressure in the 04.5 and up engines.

The answer for the 04.5 and up engine was to mod the stock nozzle to maintain a double guide, but get it as high performing as possible with special grinding and such.

Several developements in parts are in differing stages as I type for the future as well.

trik396 said:
After that explaination, I'm definately going with DonM's sticks in the future. I want/need that piece of mind that everthing possible has been done to insure that my injector is done right the first time. I appreciate Don's honesty...

That is exactly why I bought a set of Flux 2's from Don. I respect thorough R&D, and the fact that he takes the time to make sure the entire injector leaving his shop works perfectly.

Are you the same JeffK who sent me the pics and measurements of your freezeplug plate??? If so, thanks again...:rockwoot:

my employer has the equip. do you? or does scheids test yours? the people with the problems read this forum. they say they leave messages with your employee's. Maybe someone needs to be fired??? I think the yoyo answering the phones ain't giving you the meassages. I don't think these guys would lie to me about this, WHY? You and your company are nobodies to me, so why would I have an axe to grind. Don't give a monkey FU@# about who's injectors are the best. I wil PM you the results of the tests. One more thing. Who the hell is running 35 to 40k psi???

Last edited:
Jeff K said:
Yes sir ;) You are very welcome...I assume it worked out?
Worked well. Just a little tricky doing it by laying on the valvecover...:bang