Anybody else make an intake runner plate?

m880cummins

Keating makes a sweet intake runner plate that bolts to the head and adapts a D shaped port to 2" round. They only make it in steel and aluminum. I would like to build one out of stainless so I called them and they said they are too busy to make one for me. Suggestions?

I'm just learning how to tig weld and I started messing around with stainless the other day and this is how it turned out... Need more practice but getting there...

44A6E165-0638-4D62-927C-2C413270146E_zps6dfgefbe.jpg

6EF80C1E-E48C-48E2-A884-2CC9E8B82462_zpsvgewxunq.jpg

68F8B291-E3AF-4089-AA93-25F0E6450FA8_zpstn0fdfpy.jpg

Thanks

Charlie

Attachments

• Intake runner plate.jpg
    Intake runner plate.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
I believe crutchfield machine in liberty NC will sell theirs. At least he told me a year ago that he would sell me a couple plates.

Might look up Bigyellowiron on here and see if Adam has one he would sell.

Thanks Guys,

I really need something that goes to a round provision. I have some tight 90* 2" polished 304 elbows I can use. Plan to tilt them 20* or so towards the intake charge source in the front. Then, using a long stainless megaphone, have the top "log" go from 3.5" down to 2-2.5" by the last exhaust port to maintain air velocity as it is gobbled up.

Charlie

Then, using a long stainless megaphone, have the top "log" go from 3.5" down to 2-2.5" by the last exhaust port to maintain air velocity as it is gobbled up.

I am surprised I have yet to see a Lehmann manifold setup on a diesel stateside, maybe something you should look into.

I think a lehmann style intake would be easier to package if someone made a timing case that moved the injection pump down to the power steering pump location.

I would be interested to see a tapered plenum feeding a bolt-on shelf, this should help with clearance issues.

I mentioned something similiar in a 2.5 rule thread. That required the use of a stock style plenum. It would be rather easy to make.

I would be interested to see a tapered plenum feeding a bolt-on shelf, this should help with clearance issues.

Im all ears as my head is gettin done and I have to stay shelf style. Pm me if you like, done want to throw the op off topic.

I mentioned something similiar in a 2.5 rule thread. That required the use of a stock style plenum. It would be rather easy to make.

As I stated earlier I would probably lean toward simplifying the idea a bit for a diesel application.

No dramas. We were looking at it for a 6 cyl turbo petrol engine we were building but decided against it cause we could only mount the entry at the front. I think it would work well if you had the entry in the middle of the plenum at cyl 3-4.

As do I. Sure wish I had the money to test the ideas I have. Not that I have anywhere near the knowledge you do and many of my thoughts revolve around a 24v head.

Here is a cone style one we built. Sounds like you are thinking of doing something similar.

Attachments

• IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
Wonder how many people would whine if you did a "shelf" that was tapered as well as a plenum that tapered to it. No true individual runners but tapered lower and upper for 2.5. This is where the rules get fishy between organizations. Some say "shelf style" others say "shelf" then yet others "no individual runners."