April 11 Rockingham NADM Drag Race

that's a fine group of characters. Seems the Buchanans are starting to follow in Garmons foot steps as a team to attempt to keep up with :drive:

that's a fine group of characters. Seems the Buchanans are starting to follow in Garmons foot steps as a team to attempt to keep up with :drive:

You got it, Ty. Jeff leaves a heck of a wake, we're just trying not to capsize our dingy.:hehe:

Bring that small fellar with you too - we need a authority figure at the line:rockwoot:

Great to meet your crew!

Better late than never I guess. :eek:

I had a great time at the Rock and in spite of Easter weekend a great group of folks came out. The Bucks Communication crew came out in force and even Jeff Dean brought his Duramax down all the way from Lancaster Ohio (Thaks Jeff for the long distance support) For our first race of 2009, I was amazed at how competitive the racers were.

The DP Tuner Quick Diesel class, Pro Street and the ET classes were all good races, small margins of wins and losses, and virtually no on track failures/spills. :woohoo:

Heather, (Big Swoles better and smaller half :poke:) competed in her first official drag race. Fellas, Heather cut a .119 light, ran a 14.89 on a 14.80 dial and lost if that gives you an idea of how good the field was. Tim Burchette of Winston Salem NC would win the class beating out Jay McKee of Thomasville NC in the finals by running .13 seonds off his dial and McKee breaking out by .04 seconds.

#2 qualifier Ty Maitland of Highlands NC would overcome a broken front driveshaft and a hairline crack in the transfer case to defeat #1 qualifier Brian Jellich in the finals of the DP Tuner Quick Diesel Class. Wins/losses in this class were defined by 1 tenth of a second all day. Every pass made us fans wait until the win light came on to see who won. We should also mention that Robert Shaw, who was fighting a suspected worn camshaft, still managed to click off an 11.99 pass amongst his several 12.0 passes during TnT. David Elrod, who was also blistering the track with 12.0's discovered a suspected torque converter that was due a refresh and had to sit out. Sadly, these two missed the race day action, but I suspect will be challenging for the win at Silver Dollar in May.

Pro Street/Unlimited was down on truck count. We had two Unlimited and two Pro Street. Per the racers approval, NADM combined these trucks into the Pro Street class. #1 Qualifier Jeff Garmon of Griffin GA would defeat #2 qualifier Brian Buchanan of High Point NC in the final round. Buchanan would take the starting line advantage, but Garmon's 6.49 at 108 mph in his fuel only Silverline Dodge was more than Buchanan was ready for on this particular race day, but was only two tenths away from taking the win so look out. Jeff Dean and Ed Wayne completed the field with their Unlimited Street Duramax powered GM's.

Friday night at the track, NADM presented Jeff Garmon, 2008 Airwerks Unlimited Street Champion and Brian Buchanan, 2008 ET Bracket and Quick Diesel Champion, with their Championship Cups. We can't wait to see who is able to win out the quest for the cup in 2009.

Thanks to everyone that came out, and hopefull all of you can help us invade Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds GA, May 23rd to once again play on the track with the gasser crowd. :rockwoot:

Thanks for the write up Dave. I kinda heard about Ron and think it's caca !! He's a hellofa guys and doesn't deserve anything but praise for what he does for us. Hope it all works out !!