Assembling Project X “the Beetle “ engine

Greg, the pic you posted of the rods has KermaTDI all over it, also I've torqued the ford/cosworth head studs to 100ftlb numerous times without stretch issues. I am always glad to see new product come to market but please don't make false claims about pioneering a product when it's not yours! VW TDIs have been in the race world for a few years already and I'm damn sure you had nothing to do with building them, it may have been your dream before it became reality but that does NOT mean that you're the pioneer!

I’m not one of the groups of Nazis over there

I'm afraid it's way worse. :hehe:

Greg, the pic you posted of the rods has KermaTDI all over it, also I've torqued the ford/cosworth head studs to 100ftlb numerous times without stretch issues. I am always glad to see new product come to market but please don't make false claims about pioneering a product when it's not yours! VW TDIs have been in the race world for a few years already and I'm damn sure you had nothing to do with building them, it may have been your dream before it became reality but that does NOT mean that you're the pioneer!

I'm afraid it's way worse. :hehe:

So you know more than the degreed engineers at ARP that design the product. The max torque on that stud is 88 ft lbs, but you know more. One more urban myth.
The rods in the picture are not the ones I just finished, with an America company, made in America. You have a problem with buying American hot rod parts. I don’t give two hoots in hell about some European, manufactory of hot rod parts. I’m making sure that I find every opportunity to replace the current makers of pars with guys in the good old USA .
And pistons , show me a set of pistons for a TDI , that you can order now , with your chose of tops , ring placement ,and bore , any bore , not the .5 or 1 mm over , this is a package that comes with total seal rings and tool steel wrist pin , for around $550 , and they are 100 grams lighter .
I have high quality race valves, springs, titanium retainers, and keepers that are soon to be announced.
I have spent the last few days at NX working on a nitrous system that is plug and play for around $350 retail.
I don’t care what the little groups party line is , I’m here , and I’m not going any where

People like olpoopy and dickboy are just wantabee’ s that thrive off of doing the only thing they can badger . They have never done anything worthwhile; develop any part, done anything, so it makes them feel inferior.

These type of people don’t really bother me, I have a stack of opportunity’s for individuals all the way up to OEM manufactures asking for my time , I am on radio programs often and at the race track promoting .

Hey Azzhat,

There are Therapists that specialize in treating Inferiority Complexes. I suggest you break out the phone book and look one up!:nail:

The difference between you and me is that I don't have the need to see my face in an ad or tell the world how great I am at every chance in order to feel good about myself. It is very appearent you do.:badidea:

I was pioneering diesel performance long before you even knew how a diesel operated. The difference is I just did it.....I didn't have to tell people about it.

You portray yourself as some great spokesman of diesel performance when in reality you are an embarassment!!:what:

Hey Azzhat,

There are Therapists that specialize in treating Inferiority Complexes. I suggest you break out the phone book and look one up!:nail:

The difference between you and me is that I don't have the need to see my face in an ad or tell the world how great I am at every chance in order to feel good about myself. It is very appearent you do.:badidea:

I was pioneering diesel performance long before you even knew how a diesel operated. The difference is I just did it.....I didn't have to tell people about it.

You portray yourself as some great spokesman of diesel performance when in reality you are an embarassment!!:what:

Very well said i think.

did you type this like this so Comp can understand what you're saying?

Lol......:hehe: I remember way back in the day, when Dockboy was the man and Comp was a wannabe. Funny how things don't change LOL

Lol......:hehe: I remember way back in the day, when Dockboy was the man and Comp was a wannabe. Funny how things don't change LOL
as in when I ran 8.72 in a diesel truck almost 6 years ago, with a engine I built

I dont care if you ran a 6.24 in a full bodied f650, the fact you can suck start yourself proves volumes......

So you know more than the degreed engineers at ARP that design the product. The max torque on that stud is 88 ft lbs, but you know more. One more urban myth.
The rods in the picture are not the ones I just finished, with an America company, made in America. You have a problem with buying American hot rod parts. I don’t give two hoots in hell about some European, manufactory of hot rod parts. I’m making sure that I find every opportunity to replace the current makers of pars with guys in the good old USA .
And pistons , show me a set of pistons for a TDI , that you can order now , with your chose of tops , ring placement ,and bore , any bore , not the .5 or 1 mm over , this is a package that comes with total seal rings and tool steel wrist pin , for around $550 , and they are 100 grams lighter .
I have high quality race valves, springs, titanium retainers, and keepers that are soon to be announced.
I have spent the last few days at NX working on a nitrous system that is plug and play for around $350 retail.
I don’t care what the little groups party line is , I’m here , and I’m not going any where

Don't put words in my mouth Greg. And please don't have a heart attack just because you read too deep into my previous post! I was just sharing my personal experience and knowledge. How come you never hear about the rural myths??? :hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL

Last edited:
nice stuff ! i dont know why everyone bashes you on TDI club.

Your joking right?

After reading this thread I signed up on the tdi club form and read every post and thread hes ever made.

comp461 you sould reread it, you make your self sound like a door to door sales idiot. How "YOU" had so and so build studs,pistons.ect, FYI anyone can have that done, it isnt cheap, but nothing performance is, then you brag about "YOUR" one of parts then tell people they cant get them? Congradulations on "YOUR: selling of 203 sets of head studs by the way. Its good that "YOUR" actually doing somethingfor the tdi's and not just standing around talking about it like everyone else. I like how you said "i dont sell parts" you dont think your selling parts by bragging all over the internet? I like how you tell people the torque for the headbolts they have been using for years isnt right, you cant tighten more then 88 ft lbs. Thats like saying you cant make a diesel go fast... YES YOU CAN.

I seriously get a good laugh out of reading your posts, as long as someone that doesnt know better doesnt take you seriosly.

Your joking right?

After reading this thread I signed up on the tdi club form and read every post and thread hes ever made.

comp461 you sould reread it, you make your self sound like a door to door sales idiot. How "YOU" had so and so build studs,pistons.ect, FYI anyone can have that done,
they sure could have with the right conections , but they just talked about the need, I make it happen. I chased a broken block down, and sent it to
ARP, I talked them in to the fact that a market was there to make the studs , otherwise , the TDI would have langushed down on a long long list of studs to depelope at ARP.

it isnt cheap, but nothing performance is, then you brag about "YOUR" one of parts then tell people they cant get them? Congradulations on "YOUR: selling of 203 sets of head studs by the way.

funny part is most of the new TDI ARP studs on the TDI frum , are coming thru me, in one way or another

Its good that "YOUR" actually doing somethingfor the tdi's and not just standing around talking about it like everyone else. I like how you said "i dont sell parts" you dont think your selling parts by bragging all over the internet?

you dame right I brag about parts , its called racing , and if you doing all this reading on me , I'm doing my JOB

I like how you tell people the torque for the headbolts they have been using for years isnt right, you cant tighten more then 88 ft lbs. Thats like saying you cant make a diesel go fast... YES YOU CAN.

I'm correcting a myth. These people are doing it wrong. The ARP cosworth studs yields (stretches forever) at about 92 to 95 ft lbs, that is the absolute engineering facts from ARP. That is the reason they fail. The new stud will develop considerably more clamping load and has in many cases already proven to heal TDI’s with head gasket problems, just by installing them.

I seriously get a good laugh out of reading your posts, as long as someone that doesnt know better doesnt take you seriosly.
a lot

A lot of people are taking me serious, and that is my job, if they didn’t I would not be receiving shipments of parts every week to use in my projects, can you explain that.
I have a job to do , if you take it to serious , you just not getting it , I don’t even take it all serious , I’m a professional , with a proven past record of achieving records , completing projects and achieving wide mainstream positive exposure.
Funny, I showed up at a NHRA divisional race last weekend to help with my buddy’s pair of low 6 second Top dragsters. Within 30 min, I had several people ask me to drive their spare cars. I chose a SC dragster , fun ride , would run easy 7.50 without the 2.5 seconds of throttle stop.

lighten up and have fun, I do,

6a00c225230642549d00cdf3aaebaccb8f-200pi

Greg. I might even by the pistons and rods from you. They seem like a decent product. No matter if they are made in what ever country. I don't give a crap about that. If they're good then they are. Even if they were made by a little boy in Taiwan or China (ethics aside). But...

TDI forged pistons were made long before you knew TDIs existed. TDIs have been raced long before you. And with better results than you. I'm pretty sure I already have made more power with stock displacement TDI with diesel only than you will ever get out of one. Using NOS does not count. Thats like beating a 2 year old girl...I don't do this for living and I don't have unlimited funds. But I know how to make real power. It takes some time since I do most of the work myself and not pay someone else to do it. That includes the ECU stuff. Well see how things evolve for TDIs and the nutters that actually push things further.

Greg. I might even by the pistons and rods from you. They seem like a decent product. No matter if they are made in what ever country. I don't give a crap about that. If they're good then they are. Even if they were made by a little boy in Taiwan or China (ethics aside). But...

TDI forged pistons were made long before you knew TDIs existed. TDIs have been raced long before you. And with better results than you. I'm pretty sure I already have made more power with stock displacement TDI with diesel only than you will ever get out of one. Using NOS does not count. Thats like beating a 2 year old girl...I don't do this for living and I don't have unlimited funds. But I know how to make real power. It takes some time since I do most of the work myself and not pay someone else to do it. That includes the ECU stuff. Well see how things evolve for TDIs and the nutters that actually push things further.

The pistons are made in America, and will be available in about a month, around $550 a set with Total seal rings and tool steel wrist pin. Project X make around 300 to 325 hp, to achieve the speeds it has in Land speed Racing , that is just the facts of performance. The 132 trap speed is around 260 hp, but the car was ay 147 at the ¾ mile mark when we had the pistons melt. The car should have gained another 3 to 5 mph, but just 147 mph calculates to the 300+ number.

So you making 300 + hp on fuel only, cool you’re the man. This motor is stock displacement as well.
This is just a 4 stroke, internal combustion, reciprocating engine, nothing more or less.

I am addressing airflow and cam programs on a level that I have not seen on any post on the TDI forum. I’m not new to diesels, and engineering diesel performance engine programs. This engine is no different; I am sure that I will have close to 400 hp in drag racing applications. The engine platform is capable of this power level with proper modifications. I have mapped out the pain rail, and will do some billet main caps and a bed plate to tie the mains and pan rail together.

I like the stock MLM head gasket, but will more than likely go to a dead soft copper gasket with o rings and receiver groove. The water jacket will need additional modifications to flow enough coolant to keep it cool at Bonneville.

For the rest following the thread, these people like Dockboy old poopie , and JasonCzerach among others , are just people that try to climb runs on the internet ladder . Their mediocre accomplishments make them feel a little light in the jock. So rather than do it themselves, they entertain themselves by following me around and do what most of you are sick of seeing.
I am the one in the arena, the one in the public eye , and the one that spend every waking min, thinking of a way to make it faster , and better. I grab public attention,

If you ask them what they have done , their answer is that they are satisfied by just playing out their boring existents in the gray shadows , the thing is the internet allows them to hide in that dark place and pretend they are Walter Mittie.

For the rest following the thread, these people like Dockboy old poopie , and JasonCzerach among others , are just people that try to climb runs on the internet ladder . Their mediocre accomplishments make them feel a little light in the jock. So rather than do it themselves, they entertain themselves by following me around and do what most of you are sick of seeing.
I am the one in the arena, the one in the public eye , and the one that spend every waking min, thinking of a way to make it faster , and better. I grab public attention,

If you ask them what they have done , their answer is that they are satisfied by just playing out their boring existents in the gray shadows , the thing is the internet allows them to hide in that dark place and pretend they are Walter Mittie.

You sir are a complete douche bag!! You are about as close to the "arena" as a parking lot attendent at a ball game!!:hehe:

I don't hide in the dark as you put it. I can gaurantee there are more people here that have met me than have met you:kick:

Again, your idea of "doing something" and mine are two different things! Mine doesn't include constantly blowing myself for self confidence!!:hehe:

The pistons are made in America, and will be available in about a month, around $550 a set with Total seal rings and tool steel wrist pin. Project X make around 300 to 325 hp, to achieve the speeds it has in Land speed Racing , that is just the facts of performance. The 132 trap speed is around 260 hp, but the car was ay 147 at the ¾ mile mark when we had the pistons melt. The car should have gained another 3 to 5 mph, but just 147 mph calculates to the 300+ number.

So you making 300 + hp on fuel only, cool you’re the man. This motor is stock displacement as well.
This is just a 4 stroke, internal combustion, reciprocating engine, nothing more or less.

I am addressing airflow and cam programs on a level that I have not seen on any post on the TDI forum. I’m not new to diesels, and engineering diesel performance engine programs. This engine is no different; I am sure that I will have close to 400 hp in drag racing applications. The engine platform is capable of this power level with proper modifications. I have mapped out the pain rail, and will do some billet main caps and a bed plate to tie the mains and pan rail together.

I like the stock MLM head gasket, but will more than likely go to a dead soft copper gasket with o rings and receiver groove. The water jacket will need additional modifications to flow enough coolant to keep it cool at Bonneville.

Just like everyone will tell anyone bragging about hp number calculated from ET :badidea: Until you have dyno numbers to back your mouth up....I'm gonna call BS! :bs: