Ati damper came off...

I had fretting on mine, but no evidence on the bolts like it tried to leave.

So far its not to to bad... Flexplate is a gonner.. Someone has a vid of the pass, and they said you can hear what sounds like a shotgun going of at the 1000ft... Funny, im sitting on it and never heard a thing... Felt it 1st... I dont know about you guys, but i have major tunnel vision at the track... Ohh yeh, the ati damper was sheared in half also.

So far its not to to bad... Flexplate is a gonner.. Someone has a vid of the pass, and they said you can hear what sounds like a shotgun going of at the 1000ft... Funny, im sitting on it and never heard a thing... Felt it 1st... I dont know about you guys, but i have major tunnel vision at the track... Ohh yeh, the ati damper was sheared in half also.

FYI I have a brand new ATS billet flexplate for sale. :)

I would also take a really good look at the convertor bolt holes. I had a few stripped out.

Is no one spinning a stock dampner that fast? Haven't heard of those coming apart much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would still run the stock dampener if the NHRA rules didn't require an SFI rated one.

What are the thread specs on the damper bolts? And does no one wake a high grade castle nut capable of replacing the factory or ARP bolts? From what I'm seeing it looks like pinning and a little safety wire would go a long way here...

What are the thread specs on the damper bolts? And does no one wake a high grade castle nut capable of replacing the factory or ARP bolts? From what I'm seeing it looks like pinning and a little safety wire would go a long way here...

Metric 12.9. Not exactly cheap grade bolts.

Anyone heard of a Duramax one coming apart? We've used them for years and spun over 5k many many times without any issues.

They all will come apart at some time, the answer to longevity is o-ring replacement on a regular basis, and proper bolt strength and bolt TQ, also to be checked at a regular interval.

Anyone heard of a Duramax one coming apart? We've used them for years and spun over 5k many many times without any issues.

Hmmmmm.... Well i recieved this fluid damper for free so its going in... Gonna pin it twice.... What r the best bolts i can use...