Bash on the bayou 2014

Excited to get this event back! :D

Any input anyone would have on brackets for the races is welcome. The only rules will be NHRA rules for safety equipment at whatever speed you run. Not worried about weight or anything like that, just the safety requirements.

I'm thinking a bracket race, then 12.90, 11.80, and 10.50 indexes. Then an unlimited or something depending on the trucks that are coming.

Certainly open to suggestions though.

Any confirmation on class's yet?

Whats the closest airport? Trying to figure out a way to go to this one.

Baton Rouge would be the closest but New Orleans Int'l is also only an hour away.

That Looks great! Does he make noises like speed buggy?

Ummm, yes. :D

Any confirmation on class's yet?

Not yet. Some time next month I'm going to make a thread and get with the people that will actually be coming and racing to help decide on classes. I do know that there will be a bracket racing class so anyone can run. It will also be a true "outlaw" style; no weight limits, equipment limits, etc... Just need to have the required NHRA safety equipment for the times you run. I'm thinking probably bracket, an 11.8 index, a 10.5 index, then unlimited. Gonna depend mostly on who all is coming though. Already looks like we're gonna have a decent bit more actual fast vehicles than years past. We paid for extra track prep as a result. :D But as stated, I want to get the people that will be racing's input first before classes are decided.

Last edited:
Man this would make three races with 10:50 index next year. Guess I might tune the truck to run that time. Think you will have enough fast trucks to do it and unlimited?

I'll know as we get closer, that's why I haven't made official classes yet. But we've already got some pretty fast trucks coming, just need to see where they fit as a group. I'll probably make an 11.93 index for me to run in. LOL

HOTEL CONFIRMED!!

Same place as the last 4 years....just did the contracts.

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
2445 S Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA ‎
(225) 236-4000

Say..."for Bash on the Bayou 2014" to receive the $79 room rate.

We normally get there Friday night, and leave sometime Sunday morning.

....Now if I can just get the other b1tch to add this info to the flyer we will be closer....

Still accepting sponsors/vendors....contact me now while there's still room !!!

DSC02505.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

truckShowcannon42310099.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

06018f8f.jpg

e4d5ea43.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7o5mJbgwcU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7o5mJbgwcU[/ame]

[ame="http://s405.photobucket.com/user/TANKS250/media/Blowout%20on%20the%20Bayou/2nd%20annual%202009/MVI_0071-1.mp4.html?sort=2&o=133"]MVI_0071-1.mp4 Video by TANKS250 | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s405.photobucket.com/user/TANKS250/media/Blowout%20on%20the%20Bayou/2nd%20annual%202009/MVI_0064.mp4.html?sort=2&o=132"]MVI_0064.mp4 Video by TANKS250 | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Still have tire marks through the car port and valet parking area?

For all you guys that have been to one of my events, you know I do it on a "shoe string" budget...and I have to pay for a lot of things up front....hotel fees, security, clean up, track deposits, other deposits etc..

...well...the bills are starting to roll in......so if you want the Bash on the Bayou to continue every year....I need as many "prepays" as possible.

Attendees, Sponsors, vendors, etc.....please paypal me as soon as you can.

Send paypal to:
tankssoftail@aol.com

...and don't forget to put your name, site screen name, how many are coming with you,
what you are paying for, and any other pertinent info.

Thank you.

If you are coming...add your name to the list..

1. TANK and clan
2. ELMO

man, the woman and i had a hell of a time there i think it was the first year. will see if we can make it again.

I'm going to be in Baton Rouge the week of the Bash for work, problem is I'm supposed to be leaving Saturday morning. I'm going to see what I can do to stay another day, I would love to attend this event.

Last edited:
KENTWOOD water is sponsoring again...

30 cases of water...

I can always count on Matt at Kentwood to keep the event hydrated...

OK...don't tell anyone.....but I just got off the phone with the General Manager, and the Owner of the hotel...

....they have scheduled the repaving of the parking lot for the week after the Bash on the Bayou.

..BURNOUTS HAVE BEEN AUTHORIZED

If you are coming...add your name to the list..

1. TANK and clan
2. ELMO
3. Jwlandry and a few

OK...don't tell anyone.....but I just got off the phone with the General Manager, and the Owner of the hotel...

....they have scheduled the repaving of the parking lot for the week after the Bash on the Bayou.

..BURNOUTS HAVE BEEN AUTHORIZED

:rockwoot: