BBi Stage 1 vs BMS +100

AH64ID

I am looking for anyone who has ran/worked with both injectors.

Cost aside, what are the pro's and con's to each one?

I know the marketing stuff, and am looking for real world data.

Thanks

This will be for my 05, I am changing to the 03-04 piston.

I run BBI-1's and love them. Great mileage, clean and quiet. They are honestly the quietest injectors I have ran and deff the smoothest running. You will not be disappointed if you do go that route. Don't have any experience with BMS but I have ran DDP, II, Exergy, and F1

Definately interested as well...........looking to get full replacement injectors/nozzles next year, to replace my stock bodies (101,000 miles) and II 100HP nozzles

Would this be with the BBi's in the optional 143* angle (for 04.5+ trucks) or the factory 124* BBi vs the 143* BMS nozzle?

143° for both applications.

I am changing my pistons out, so 143° is what I need.

BBi are a complete injector aren't they. Didn't think they sold just nozzles? BMS is just a nozzle. A nozzle worth gold is junk on a sloppy injector and vice versa. I have had great luck with the BMS nozzle. Never ran BBi but their excellent at making claims, people who do run them love them.

Are you saying BMS Injectors are a nozzle put in a new body with no mods? OR just a nozzle? Cause they have the BMS Brand New Injectors with Stainless bodies straight from Bosch....

BBI are complete injectors and they will not sell only nozzles. The only problem I see is with the bms nozzle on a new injector body they are still not balanced as a set unless you have them balanced by Exergy. BBI's are new injector with new nozzle that are enlarged and balanced. You can get reg BBI injectors or you can add the body mods to any size of BBI injectors with an added cost. The BBI 4's only come with the body mods included and that is why the price is higher on the 4'S

BBI are complete injectors and they will not sell only nozzles. The only problem I see is with the bms nozzle on a new injector body they are still not balanced as a set unless you have them balanced by Exergy. BBI's are new injector with new nozzle that are enlarged and balanced. You can get reg BBI injectors or you can add the body mods to any size of BBI injectors with an added cost. The BBI 4's only come with the body mods included and that is why the price is higher on the 4'S

Exactly. For some extra cash you get a well matched set.

I haven't really heard anything bad about BMS 100's, and I have only heard great things about BBi.

Either way I will be getting all new bodies/nozzles (BMS can be done nozzle only, but BBi cannot).

This being the key word here when comparing the two. So what I'm taking this as, is BMS have a new nozzle and body that is calibrated, not balanced. And the BBi's are calibrated and balanced.

You could just buy a Bosch marine common rail injector, then it is a balanced assembly.

Correct. Balanced to Bosch's spec, which I believe is +/- 2%.

Last edited:
Are you saying BMS Injectors are a nozzle put in a new body with no mods? OR just a nozzle? Cause they have the BMS Brand New Injectors with Stainless bodies straight from Bosch....

Generally speaking BMS or Bosch Motorsport are a marine nozzle, not compete injector. No such thing as stainless body.

BMS have a new nozzle and body that is calibrated, not balanced.

untrue, are you talking the BMS injectors Shane at Motorsport Diesel sells?

You could just buy a Bosch marine common rail injector, then it is a balanced assembly.
100% correct.

Does Bosch balance the body/injector as a unit, or separate?

Just looking for clarification.

My research has shown that if you buy the new BMS +100 you are getting a new marine body and nozzle. Is that not true?

Last edited:
Exergy sells the BMS nozzle also. Not sure if Bosch balances separate or as a unit but I would assume they would balance and calibrate as a unit.

Generally speaking BMS or Bosch Motorsport are a marine nozzle, not compete injector. No such thing as stainless body.

untrue, are you talking the BMS injectors Shane at Motorsport Diesel sells?

100% correct.

No, Such thing as a stainless body ? Hmmm I wonder what these Brand new BMS Stainless bodied Marine injectors are that We have on the shelf ? That come as a balanced set from Bosch ?

They are not stainless they are a different coating used to prevent corrosion that makes them shiny instead of dull like the older ones.

Back