BD or BTS tranny

i will go ahead and chime in and say my two cents, i drive a cummins not a powerstroke but i will say that i have a BD tranny and love it! we put proly 100 passes with over a thousand horse on a BD transmission that wasnt any different than the one any of you could buy, on the Texas Diesel Power rail car. All we would do is send the tranny into BD every 30 passes or so not because there was anything wrong just to make sure everything was still good to go internally and everytime they would send it back and tell us everything looked good! I think the transmission is the only thing all year we didnt have to fix or replace.LOL:hehe:

I agree too, well said SEOH !

Lets start over guys, that was the tail end of a long week!

Its tough with a headset on, with North American on hold all wanting something 4:45 on Friday afternoon, then having to deal with you hard asses on the keyboard at the same time, I mean hard asses in the best possible way too hehe:

Get to know me guys, you will see I am not all that bad or a pushy sales person on the forums. Visit some other formus and read my posts and give me a chance to earn your respect on this one. You will find most of my postings are like yours, having some fun, giving my advise, my opinion etc..

Of course I promote BD on the forums but don't feel I am over pushy (not including this thread of course) LOL and if I am you should call me on it, this is your guy's forum and it should not be over ran by pushy sales people.

The trade off for a little exposure is, if you do have a problem with a BD product of any kind you will see I am not hard to find, I do not hide behind my voicemail, I am hear in the public. If you ever have a question, a warranty issue, want a member pricing quote, a local dealer, installer or repairs shops or just want to ride my ass for lack of nothing better to do... I usually reply within minutes! not many manufactures in this industry can say that....

Yes I take a beating on the forums sometimes and for the most part I have think skin, ya guys just got under it today and I do apologies, life is too short...

Have a great weekend :Cheer:

Last edited:
i will go ahead and chime in and say my two cents, i drive a cummins not a powerstroke but i will say that i have a BD tranny and love it! we put proly 100 passes with over a thousand horse on a BD transmission that wasnt any different than the one any of you could buy, on the Texas Diesel Power rail car. All we would do is send the tranny into BD every 30 passes or so not because there was anything wrong just to make sure everything was still good to go internally and everytime they would send it back and tell us everything looked good! I think the transmission is the only thing all year we didnt have to fix or replace.LOL:hehe:

Thanks for your feedback GRN, tough crowd huh? LOL

Dave he gives them that warranty because they are going on a powerstroke. Couldn't give that warranty behind a cummins, the cummins would spit them out right and left.:poke:

Last edited:
I just came back from Sun Coast. They have some incredible stuff.

Their converters are custom build and very high quality.

Dave he gives them that warranty because they are going on a powerstroke. Couldn't give that warranty behind a cummins, the cummins would spit them out right and left.:poke:

X2 When I did the conversion....I converted my trans too. But mostly because I wanted a manual.

Um lets see, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blahblah1:

Brian is one hell of a guy. He knows what he is talking about. I do not know about a lot of the other guys out there, but when I was looking and calling about a tranny for my truck, he knew a lot more than the others and told me the truth about it and not some sales pitch. Some of the other guys would not stand behind the 4R100 handling the power of the Cummins. Said it would need to be rebuilt or fixed every couple months. Brian said he would stand behind it and told me how he would go about it as well. Did not mean much to me b/c I did not know how they worked, but made me realize he knows what he talking about. The "other" guys acted like it was something out of this world to ask for...and I did call ALL of them!

My truck has 12" of lift on it with 40" tires on it. I have been doing burnouts, pulling with other trucks, and drag racing it. My best time so far is 8.04 in the 1/8th and the truck weighs 8700 lbs.

The only time I have had any trouble with it was when I tried spraying nitrous. Called Brian and talked to him about. Not a problem he said and sent it to him. He fixed it and had it back to me within a week for no charge! Can't say for sure that anyone else would do that, but I know for sure Brian will stand behind his work!

I can say that I have experience and first hand knowledge with a lot of different trannys out there. And I can also say that I have personally seen Brian cover things that nobody else would have. Like, trans that were way out of the 2 year old range, trans that were abused, trans that were put into a different truck than what Brian built them for. As Brian says, he figures it is much better and much easier to take care of people and treat them right, than to screw somebody over. He's put out a lot of money on others over the years, but it has all come back to him ten fold. Are his trannys indestructable? No, these are mechanical parts - they will never be totally indestructable. But, when Brian gets one back that has broke, he takes it apart, figures out why and fixes it - continually learning. Do they break often? No.

And WTS on saying that Brian won't/can't build high HP trans or sled pulling trans or drag racing trans or whatever and warranty them??? Brian has built quite a few trannys for Ford Cummins trucks - I know I have one sitting in our truck, and another one sitting in our best friend's truck. What would be the point in having a PERFORMANCE shop, then not covering your work? Doesn't make much sense, but that is what some shops seem to do.

As far as Ford trannys go, Brian is the best. His customer service is second to none and his word is as good as gold. Those paper, written out tranny warranties that I have seen, weren't worth as much as the paper I use to wipe my butt.

I'll take Brian's handshake and smile over that crap any day. I will also take talking to him on the phone or in person versus seeing him get on internet forums. He's a tranny builder - he doesn't have the time (or the interest) to chat online. He leaves that kinda stuff up to his loyal customers.

I will tell you right now, if Brian Thompson builds you a tranny and it breaks - he will warranty it. I don't give a rats ass what you did to it. Brian will care what you did, but only to make it better next time or to give you some advice on how you can take care of it better - not to void your warranty and get more money out of you.

Again show me someone that has a no hassle, unlimited HP transmission warranty????????????

Still franticaly google searching huh? well I will be back Monday?

Have a great weekend guys!

:pop: :pop:

NADP

$.02
I want to keep my truck for the next fifteen years or so, so I went with BTS, the price was a little hard to justify but I have never seen anyone anywhere say anything bad about BTS. If I was going to run a stock truck or not keep it for more than a couple of years, maybe then I'd go a cheaper route, it's your money,soon to be someone else's...
FYI Brian, Patty and the whole crew seem like nice folks.

DCP_2892.jpg

New 6.0 cooler standing over the little 7.3 cooler on the floor.

DCP_2882.jpg

i have a bd torque and tranny in my cummins and love it pulled everything and anything and still shifts like the day it was put in 10,000 miles ago maybe should of told my old man to look around for a tranny on his PSD when his blow out

Dave Goerend has as close to a perfect warranty as you can find... a local truck with one of his transmissions has 2nd gear go out and dave didn't bat an eye and sent him a brand new transmission and tq converter! Dave paid for shipping and everything! Thats a lot more than most shops would do. Most would make you pay to ship it to them, fix it for free, but the truck would be down longer that way and the customer would be out 200 bucks to ship it.