BD Twins vrs rip's twins

Lostnwalmart

how good are these for the 2nd gens and how much power can they support safely (and unsafely), for rips it will be a s-300 top thanks guys. and also which kit do you belive is higher quality?

I can't comment on BD's but I have about 900 1/4 mile passes and over 60,000 miles on Rips (Source Automotive) twins. I have a 62/14 and a 75mm S400, and they have not been off since I put them on. I dyno'd 634hp and 1283 ft. lbs of torque, with a drag comp and mach 6+'s. EGT's at the end of a 1/4 on a 100 degree day are about 1350*. Max boost I have tried is 72lbs, but I normally run 62-67lbs. I don't know how much hp you could make, but I know that after I launch, my runs are pretty much smoke free.

I hope this helps...

Paul

buy from NWCustoms (aka Jason Burton). he has a better quality than rip and is less expensive than rip's kits by alot. if you need is number to inquire about a set let me know.

Lostnwalmart said:
did you buy your bottom turbo seprate? and I have plenty of fuel for 600 + hp

Nope bought the whole kit from Rip, including the top and bottom turbos.

Paul

moneymaker44 said:
um guess if i had looked at your sig i would have the answer to my own question :owned:

he used to have a website... but business is too much and not the time to maintain it as i understand. he does some really trick stuff with waterjet too. mudflaps is one of his specialties.

he was the origional builder of PDR twins. I think he does II twins now too.

Is he where you got your mudflaps camo? i like yours, but all the fancy ones for 2500's are EXPENSIVE.

Camotanker said:
buy from NWCustoms (aka Jason Burton). he has a better quality than rip and is less expensive than rip's kits by alot. if you need is number to inquire about a set let me know.

CALL RIP FOR HIS SIDE OF THE STORY.....:pop:

Bob Wagner said:
CALL RIP FOR HIS SIDE OF THE STORY.....:pop:
yes. please do. be sure to ask about the price gouging. the poor customer service. the price of the head machining that some how went up over night.
oh... and make sure to ask him what the difference is between the two sets. ask him whose set he copied his from.

"you might see the difference... you might not"

camo-sponsorship deal pricing again along with Big Shifter

Please do a seach using both or either user name and see the pattern :owned:

We are here for the long term not like some :pop:

Yes I do when the shipment arrives. do a search on that call out bs.

Camo I will ship as soon as jr arrives.

Thanks for changing the subject, who else has a jr yet? come on man, focus :evil

Bob Wagner said:
Yes I do when the shipment arrives. do a search on that call out bs.

Camo I will ship as soon as jr arrives.

Thanks for changing the subject, who else has a jr yet? come on man, focus :evil

omg! do they allow drinking on the job at the dealership? the way you are talking i would think you were tanked.

i'm guessing no one has a jr yet. another broken promise by those trying to make a buck of the working class.

trust me. i'm not changing the subject.
thank you for your time in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camotanker said:
yes. please do. be sure to ask about the price gouging. the poor customer service. the price of the head machining that some how went up over night.
oh... and make sure to ask him what the difference is between the two sets. ask him whose set he copied his from.

"you might see the difference... you might not"

I happen to know all the vendors mentioned in this thread and have been a customer at one time or another to each of them. I would have no problems in doing business with any of them. YOUR turbo story is boring and you ended up getting what you deserved in the end. As for who copied who that one goes really goes back before we where blessed with your insightful pointed diesel site replys.

If this thread is to stay on track the origonal question was about BD VS rips stuff. I can comment on the BD stuff as I have the BD Towing twins on my 06 Mega cab. It makes 525 clean hp with just a Beta 4.4 smarty, runs like a champ clean and smoth. I am upgrading the twins to the bigger primary so I can add some more fuel to push the HP up. I also run a proto type BD racing only twins on my Race truck and they have been awsome also.

I am sure Rips is a great product also. It all depends on how much HP your goal is. For 500hp the BD twins really spool great.

Malcolm

Back